Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Very proud of my boys  (Read 2752 times)

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
Very proud of my boys
« on: August 10, 2014, 09:23:51 pm »
Both human and shetland.  I took my two sons (Angus was 2 in April and William will be 4 in October) to our local gymkhana today on their shetlands Dusty and Hamish.  They did Handy Pony, Clear Round and Fancy Dress, the show was so well organised and everyone was so helpful, the clear round steward was lovely and made the course into literally poles on the ground for Angus, who trotted in between the jumps and walked over them, as you do, William had his first actual 'jump', where Hamish left the ground rather than just trotting over, and managed his up-downs most of the time, we were all far too slow in the handy pony for prizes but the ponies were little gems, they literally will do anything, and the boys loved the obstacles, then we won the fancy dress with the ponies dressed as John Deere tractors and myself and the boys in John Deere boiler suits.  The judge seemed to particularly like the fact that the shetlands didn't mind at all that the steering wheels attatched to the fronts of their pads had horns that the boys beeped regularly through the judging, and they got a trophy  :trophy: and beautiful sashes. It was a supe day, and although we just want to go and have fun, the sashes were the icing on the cake.

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: Very proud of my boys
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:36:56 pm »
 :wave: your post depicted such lovely scenes, a day that lifelong memories are made of, may it be the beginning of many, photos would be great - though you were probably too busy!!

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:57:48 am »
I hope you took a photo or two and can show us the tractors in action.  Sounds fab but I'd love to see!
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 08:07:44 am »
Oh, it sounds like a fantastic day. If you didn't get photos at the time you must at least all dress up again and do a photo shoot for us to see.  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:09:54 am »
Well done Angus and William  :trophy:

Sounds a great day out, the start of many perhaps  :innocent:

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 11:34:57 am »
I didn't get any photos as my hands were so full, but there were some taken so hopefully I can track them down.  I am sure the boys would love to put the costumes on again (when it stops raining!)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 07:49:23 pm »
Sounds like a fantastic day.  Well done to all  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:53:47 pm »
Ahh that's brilliant, well done all xx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS