Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Men are definitely from Mars  (Read 4268 times)

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
Men are definitely from Mars
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:10:39 pm »
Oldest lad of BF wanted to speak to him last night.  I suggested that they use my lounge as it will be private and the other kids won't be a distraction.  So I trundle up stairs.  An hour later, all was very quiet down stairs.  He had only buggered off back to his place.  No "Just nipping next door" or "Won't be long, Ros" NOTHING.  I went down stairs and there was noone about.  So went next door and said that it would have been nice if he told me that they had gone.  Now am I over reacting or what.  Or is he so much a man that he can't think of two things at once.  He was very apologetic and realised that he should have said something.  I don't mind them using my house for private discussions but a bit of courtesy please.  What do you guys think??  Ros   :cat: :chook:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Men are definitely from Mars
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 02:24:29 pm »
Did you ASK him to tell you when he was leaving? No? Your fault then for not making the required standards clear enough.  ;D

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 02:28:51 pm »
He is an academic and we all know how brain dead they can be!! ???

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:32:52 pm »
ALL MEN (no matter how smart they are) just don't think like women  ;)
Even a direct request can easily be forgotten -
For example I left the house at 12noon today, asked OH before I went if he could drill holes in a slate sign and coat it with lacquer. He had NOTHING else to do, apart from collect the kids at 3pm. I arrive home at 4.30pm to find that the sign is still in the same place - untouched >:(
Kids haven't done homework, tea's not done - "but I hoovered and washed the dishes" (all 3 cups in the sink !) Where's the reasoning - I ask you ? It's no wonder I'm going grey  ::) ;D ;D ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 07:04:31 pm »
yeap, all blokes are the same !!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:05:24 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 07:06:02 pm »
all b*****ks are what ...? :o ::) ::) ;D ;D

cheers

Russ

( sorry Linz !!! )

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 07:15:12 pm »
If your boyfriend didn't have you around, who would he have to tell him he's wrong all the time. He might have blissfully gone through life unaware of his many deficiencies....... ::)

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 10:36:12 am »
Maybe men have a different set of manners to us girls. We have good manners and theirs are non existent!!!!  ??? :D ;D

sandy

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 08:46:17 pm »
Similar things have happened to me..I think women usually have to think about others feelings all the time, children, partner, parents etc. Men I think can only do 1 thought at a time!!!!! I have a few examples this weekend!!! a few weeks ago my partner asked where the drill etc was, I told him exactly where everything was and he got them all out without much help from me only to leave them all over the house...I left them for a while but when I cam to want to use the drill the key had gone missing!!!! I am always returning things to their home and he is always leaving them all over the place, I went around the empty rooms before the guests arrived and each had different parts of cables and Ariel's..I put them all in a pile on top of his work clothing so he finds a home for them but they are still where I put them!! The best one was I decided to put the Cd's we had both used, back in with the other Cd's, My OH had to move as the storage was next to his chair...the next night he asked where a certain CD was, I told him, in the box, I put it there last night and he moaned and moaned and moaned that it was NOT there...I looked and got it out instantly!!!!! I wondered where he thought I had put it, the rest of the house is the B&B so I do not wounder around dropping our stuff everywhere!!!!! Men!! love um to bits...anyway, it's all a ploy to make us women think they are useless without them....It's working ;)

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:48:45 am »
He he he, At least i've got an excuse. I had a serious head injury about ten years ago in a motorcycle crash, and my head is like a sieve ever since. Spare a thought for my poor, long suffering wife !!

sandy

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 10:57:26 am »
Funny thing is, even boy and girl children and boy and girl animals are soo different. Now I do understand that "dose my bum look big in this" scenareo...I think about asking my OH anything like that question as he either say's "you look beautiful" when I have just got out of bed and look a cross between Frank Bruno after a fight and Joe Brand, then he will sometimes be a bit too honest when I think I look nice and say something bad!!!! Yes, you men cannot win!!!  ::)

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 06:50:40 pm »
(He) say's "you look beautiful" when I have just got out of bed and look a cross between Frank Bruno after a fight and Joe Brand

Then, my dear, he truly loves you! Never underestimate how attractive you ladies look in the morning, even with the disheveled hair and furry teeth.....we can see beyond it!

Regards,

Morgan

sandy

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 08:10:52 pm »
 :D :D :D :DYou old Charmer ;)

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 11:25:44 pm »
They say the truth hurts....but not this time!  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS