Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bloody weathers......  (Read 2271 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Bloody weathers......
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:51:13 pm »
We have 4 weathers from last year intended for the freezer, we left them  horned to cut costs a little , big mistake, they have got into our landlord's haylage stack and poked big holes in every bale, ------cost me a fortune in repair tape this morning....... :rant:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Bloody weathers......
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 04:12:22 pm »
Why haven't you put them into the freezer yet, if they are BT they must be huge by now? I put my three in when they were just over 10 months old and they killed out at 22 and 25kgs. And that was as late as I could bear, they were a nuisance then!

PS.: mine were disbudded though, as they grow up with the herd.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 06:56:26 pm »
I was  a bit laid up with the hip so had to leave them a while until I can deal with them . not paying £50 each to the abattoir for a job I can do myself. neighbour has a captive bolt I borrow.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:38:00 pm »
I thought you weren't allowed to slaughter your own.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:58:40 am »
I'm sure you can homekill so long as you meet certain criteria.  Mainly that the meat is not to be sold on but kept to the household.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 10:37:34 am »
Oh of course. I had forgotten that. I keep feeling tempted to slaughter Cloud. She is getting so aggressive with just anyone except my OH. She doesn't butt me but she does barge even when there is plenty of room to get by. I'm sure she knows I am weaker than her. Anyone else and she butts, even attempting to do so through the gate.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS