Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Guided Farm & Mill Tours (Heritage Open Days)  (Read 1353 times)

huwrowlands

• Joined Aug 2014
Guided Farm & Mill Tours (Heritage Open Days)
« on: August 03, 2014, 02:13:20 pm »
Each day from 11th to 14th September we are offering guided tours of our farm and a chance to meet the Red Poll cattle, and guided tours of historic Mickle Trafford Water Mill.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: Guided Farm & Mill Tours (Heritage Open Days)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 08:11:55 pm »
Good luck with that huwrolands.  We have a water mill and I'm always interested in other people's and what they do with them.  You're a bit far from me - if you take any photos folks on here would love to see it.  We are currently organising to connect our wheel up for electricity production.  Sadly our mill was made in to a holiday let (we live in the miller's house) I would have liked it to have been a fully working mill.  Myself and my partner are architects and we have always loved industrial buildings in particular.

If you can't get pics up then it would be nice to hear what you have to say about it anyway.  Hope it all goes well.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS