Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blood in poo!  (Read 2654 times)

Kevin terry

• Joined Jul 2014
Blood in poo!
« on: August 01, 2014, 03:43:29 pm »
Hi all I have 17-18 week old bluebelles and one has just started laying! The question is I have found that some of the poo has blood in it! Could this be from the egg laying hen or is it something bad that I need to worry about? Please help!

NicandChic

• Joined Oct 2013
Re: Blood in poo!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 04:04:03 pm »
I'm no expert but when researching chickens I looked at lots of different websites one very good one on poop, will try & find it, seem to remember blood was linked to coccidiosis.

Here it is http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0 hope it helps.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:26:38 pm »
Blood is usually a sign of coccidiosis. If you see any more blood I would treat, rather than take any risks. Phone your vet and get some Coccibal. You put it in their drinking water and I have found it to be very effective.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 06:48:18 am »
Agree with possum
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:54:21 am »
Hi Kevin,

How are your Bluebelles getting on?

Kevin terry

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 10:52:13 am »
Hi my bluebelles are doing ok! One is in full lay now the other 3 haven't started laying but should soon! One thing! I got up this morning and when I opened the chicken coop noticed 2 eggs that had very soft shells and had popped in the roost they seemed to have no shell at all! Is this common when a hen first starts laying? They are on layers pellets I give oyster she'll grit and they free range all day! What could be the problem?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS