NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Starting to think that my mf35 isn't good enough  (Read 1439 times)

Declan

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Rathfriland, Co.Down
Starting to think that my mf35 isn't good enough
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:09:36 pm »
Im starting to think that my mf35 isn't up to it. Am I wrong? I've baled and sold large bale silage this year and am buying hay with the money!! There is no one handy to me to make hay- and even if there was getting them to come to do my small amount would surely mean I was last on the list. Even at that it was a begging session to get the bales moved to the bottom of the field as the 35 wouldn't lift them.
I was looking at balers- thought a small round one would be ideal but from reviews they are very slow, bales are round and so take up more room than small square ones---blah blah blah. So I was looking at small square ones- are you buying trouble going for an old one- the ones a 35 might have used in the good ol days. Newer ones Im quessing  need more hp to push them. If I had a bigger tractor would that solve my problems- I could look a newer small square baler and do the whole bloody thing myself.
Opinions please.
Voss Electric Fence

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Argyll
Re: Starting to think that my mf35 isn't good enough
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 08:55:28 pm »
 Only you can decide is the 35 up to doing all the other jobs you need a tractor to do ??   lots of of small balers on ebay all ages/prices , have you  also got a haybob / wuffler or similar  , a bale sledge is also usefull to accumulate the bales and some kind of trailer or 16 bale transporter to get the hay in

Tipping trailer for MF35

Started by Declan

Replies: 3
Views: 2380
Last post December 02, 2012, 01:14:22 pm
by Small Farmer
hedge cutter on MF35

Started by porterar

Replies: 6
Views: 733
Last post February 03, 2019, 08:05:26 am
by Buttermilk
4 stroke engine starting problems

Started by ddangus

Replies: 6
Views: 3561
Last post September 02, 2012, 10:36:55 pm
by Moleskins
Problems starting Mountfield rotovator

Started by Treud na Mara

Replies: 5
Views: 2137
Last post June 21, 2015, 01:34:01 pm
by Treud na Mara
Pull Starting Mower, Washer, Saw etc

Started by brankif

Replies: 0
Views: 81
Last post November 09, 2019, 07:31:01 pm
by brankif

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2019. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS