Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Appearance on the new River Cottage series  (Read 2952 times)

sanman

• Joined May 2009
Appearance on the new River Cottage series
« on: November 10, 2009, 08:09:11 pm »
Well after starting the community farm at the end of April with help from the Landshare website to find interested parties and the Soil Association to form a CSA we have just had the most astounding day.

Hugh and the River Cottage production team visited today to film the farm and tell our story.  We will be on the programme airing on the 26th of November.

I have been a huge admirer of Hugh for many years and was really nervous about meeting him.  However he lived up to all my expectations, a thoroughly nice chap who was happy just to sit and chat with us.

I can also say that the entire production team were absolute stars, really nice people who put us at our ease straight away.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Appearance on the new River Cottage series
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 08:19:24 pm »
How exciting!
Make sure you remind us all abit nearer the time (busy with animals, memory like a seive!!)
Did they mention your Christmas dinner?
Little Blue

sanman

• Joined May 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 08:36:53 pm »
Did they mention your Christmas dinner?
Yep, they did a piece about our turkeys, with Hugh cooking an astounding turkey dish in my kitchen with the Mrs!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 08:41:05 pm »
hehe added to my phone calendar and well done.
Linz

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 08:55:45 pm »
I couldn't resist a sneeky look, just to see the hughmeister. i was very impressed, it should be a brilliant programme. you'll have to tell me all the stuff you did. I'm realy jealous, he's a hero of mine, after reading john seymour as a lad and working on farms, he re ignited my passion for the good life. never mind his autograph, you'll have to let me have yours. ;D

sanman

• Joined May 2009
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 07:36:50 am »
I couldn't resist a sneeky look, just to see the hughmeister. i was very impressed, it should be a brilliant programme. you'll have to tell me all the stuff you did. I'm realy jealous, he's a hero of mine, after reading john seymour as a lad and working on farms, he re ignited my passion for the good life. never mind his autograph, you'll have to let me have yours. ;D
Carl its a real pity you couldn't have spent longer with us, but I'm really glad you managed to drop by.  Hugh was really impressed with the pork you provided and wants to send you a token of his appreciation!

I was very scared that he would be a disappointment in real life.  But he was just how he is on TV, a real gent and extremely enthisiastic about what we all do to produce our own food.  The reactions to his food were not faked, it really was delicious!!

We've had many great days in the past 6 months since starting the farm but yesterday will take some topping, I still have a grin like a cheshire cat   ;D ;D

One other word about the RC production crew who were absolutely fantastic.  All really nice people, Richard Hill the camera man/director was so funny  :D :D He put people at ease straight away which is why I am sure peoples characters come across so well.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:47:57 am »
For the first time I wish we had access to UK television.  Have to ask a friend to tape it for me.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS