Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who thinks this should be in Europe?  (Read 2923 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Who thinks this should be in Europe?
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:09:51 pm »
http://www.ampleharvest.org/find-pantry.php
I would love to hear what you all think.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
Re: Who thinks this should be in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:31:00 pm »
A good idea if you can overcome the difficulties of distribution from rural areas to lilely needers in urban areas. A massive ammount of fruit and veg is chcuked becuase of size, shape and appearance so shoppers may not be acustomed to garden prduce. Also - given tht some supermarket checkout girls can not identify some fruit and veg would the low waged know how to prepare and cook freh veg.
The scheme would work better if surplus was for animal consumption rather than feeding animals on industrially produced pellets of unknown origin.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Ideation

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 03:59:56 pm »
Already happens in some areas.

Coeur de Chene

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »
I think its a great idea.
It does happen informally here in France as I'm sure MAK knows. Traditionally, in the areas I've lived in, people grow as much as their land can support and they have time to grow. Then it is distributed amongst the neighbours and friends. My 82 year old neighbour is out on his tractor most days tending to 2 acres of veg which he will donate to the elderly and to the local nursing home.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:35:58 pm »
Excellent idea.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS