Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep and Lambing  (Read 4316 times)

Sheep and Lambing
« on: November 09, 2009, 08:38:13 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just a quick post under the Sheep Forum to let you know that we stock all your Lambing essentials - That time is getting nearer - especially for those who go for an early Lambing!

Some new items we have are Lamb Mac's - to help prevent newborns getting hypothermia and wet if outside.

Plus all the usual items such as Iodine sprays, Umbilical Clamps, Feeding bottles etc. etc.

Also syringes and needles for pre-lambing vaccinations.

Take a look at our website, You don't need to register unless you want to be kept up to date with new products and special offers.

www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk

Thanks

Gareth
SfS
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

shrekfeet

• Joined Sep 2008
Re: Sheep and Lambing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:29:52 am »
You know what Gareth, if you want to use this site to publicise your business then maybe you should stick your hand in your pocket and pay the people who run it for some advertising space.

Just a thought!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:41:53 am »
Hi Again,

Good point well made - I'll look into that, as well as currently advertising in Google adwords, which also appear on this site.

Glad to see you are vigilant, But having seen the following posts (as examples), I thought it was accepted practice:

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php/topic,4863.0.html
http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php/topic,4073.0.html
http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php/topic,4286.0.html

They are but a few, But thank you again to take the time to reply to my post.  ;D

Gareth
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.

Declan

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Rathfriland, Co.Down
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:26:45 am »
I really dont see the problem with a little advertising. Some of us novices need a little extra help "learning the trade". We're not all "know it alls". Is the idea of this forum not to help like minded folks share their experiences. If we need a little extra help from the trade then i see no real harm in it.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 06:49:37 am »
gareths is not a problem but if the ads were to become common it would damage the chat. think of the spammers that we have had. maybe there should be a section for useful adverts.

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 11:36:32 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the last couple of posts - I was beginning to feel unliked  :'(

The reason I set up Supplies for Smallholders was due to the problems we had when we set up a couple of years ago - we didn't know where to get equipment from and ended up going with some of the larger companies - and paying a premium to do so.

Most (but not all) of the equipment we sell we use on our own farm, with our pigs, sheep, cattle, goats, ducks and hens so we can assure you of the quality, and we don't think our prices are too high - as we only add on a modest markup of our own. For example our farming record books are on average a pound less than the manufacturer sells them for ! Also the auto-drinkers save so much time as you don't have to do the endless water rounds each day filling buckets and troughs.

Anyway, enough rambling on, I will continue to add posts, as long as I'm not told to stop, they wont all be advertisements, I do sometimes offer my own personal advice from my experience to questions raised.

Thanks All

Gareth
Advert ............ www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk  ;)

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:47:30 am »
Hi Gareth  ;D
Obviously I can't speak for others, but I think as long as you're getting involved in the chat and getting to know everyone it's okay  ;)
It would only be if you were exclusivly advertising without 'giving anything back' that I would object :-[
Sorry, don't want to offend or chase you away.
Everyone can learn from each other, I think that's the general feeling on the forum - so hang around and share your brain  ;D ;D ;D (some of us definately need it ;))

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 03:43:11 pm »
yes i'll add my voice to that, its by looking at what those in the know use, and can offer, we can all learn what is best on the market.
dont take offense!!
Emma T
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 02:37:04 pm »
Hi All,

Thanks for the words of encouragement in the posts and by email.

Just a quick reminder that you can see our prices without having to register and that currently all our items are sourced from within the UK.

And also - currently offering syringes and needles in boxes of 100 at very low prices. (sorry couldn't resist a quick plug)  ;D

Many Thanks Again

Gareth
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 05:43:50 pm »
I think Dan's going to pick this up. The place for advertising stuff for sale is in Marketplace not in the other forums. And the guidelines for Marketplace does say "not commercial". There will be advertising available on the new site in the new year.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS