Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Useful talent for a husband  (Read 4860 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Useful talent for a husband
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 04:14:59 pm »
Years of practice there, Dogwalker.  :D  His mum taught him to make tea when he was seven years old. I'm just trying to point out that,with the right attitude, it's amazing what people with disabilities can manage to do.

I have been around disabled people all my life, starting with my dad who had the condition I know have, and have realised that there are two types of disabled people: the ones who say "Well, I'm going to give it a go" or the ones that say "I'm disabled. I won't be able to do it." My dad was the former and it's a great incentive for me to be the same.

madcat

• Joined Mar 2014
Re: Useful talent for a husband
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 11:10:19 pm »
Hi MGWM , my husband has macular degeneration so has been losing his central vision slowly over the last few years. It's hit him hard and at times he feels very down because he cannot do the things he used to.
He misses reading and being able to drive and he cannot now see well enough to make model engines or work on engines .
Some things he still does fine like baking bread and brewing beer. He's also doing more gardening of the more robust kind.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS