Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ordering seeds from a catalogue  (Read 8722 times)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: Ordering seeds from a catalogue
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 04:27:00 pm »
http://www.seedfest.co.uk/heirloom-seeds.html

I haven't bought anything from this company , but they only sell non hybrid older varieties of veg seeds. Similar sort of thing to realseeds .
 Many of the old vegetable varieties that I grew only 30-40 years ago , are no longer available to buy . They have gone from the shops over the last few years . We really need to get a base of older veg going before it is too late , it very nearly is already .

cheers

Russ

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 10:10:56 pm »
This is the Henry Double day seed library link.
I'm definitely going to join up.
http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/hsl/index.php
kirsty

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 10:47:52 am »
Just got my order from the Real Seed Company.  Now getting all excited.  Want to do an excel spreadsheet as to when to plant all the different things.  How sad, to get excited over a packet of seeds.  Must be getting old.  I remember when other things got me excited  ??? :o  ::)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 12:09:13 pm »
your not sad just very organised :)

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 03:29:22 am »

Suttons Seeds      
Alan Romans
Marshalls Seeds

try googling these.also if there is a few people  nearbyeask about any  discount clubs that they run for allotments,  ;)
alan romans is very good does plain seed packs and in sensible amounts so prices are cheaper

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 11:29:17 am »
Just got my order from the Real Seed Company.  Now getting all excited.  Want to do an excel spreadsheet as to when to plant all the different things.  How sad, to get excited over a packet of seeds.  Must be getting old.  I remember when other things got me excited  ??? :o  ::)
What a great idea.
Would you consider sharing your spreadsheet when you make it? I would love to try out the idea.  :farmer: :peas: :chili: :chili: :carrot: :spud: :rasp: :pepper: :brocolli: :bee: :gloomy: :pear: :yum:
kirsty

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 05:10:27 pm »
I think I've still got last year's spreadsheet.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 01:43:09 pm »
I want to try Kokopelli this year, hoping some kind soul will give me the book for my birthday. Someone showed it to me years ago it it is one of those things you will want to own one day! Well, I do...As I got more and more disappointed with the HDRA Seed Library I'm still looking for more rare varieties to grow.

http://www.kokopelli-seeds.com/

I'd love to support a seed, plant or propagation swap, maybe this could be a regular on the forum in this Growing section?  :&>

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 06:25:48 pm »
I want to try Kokopelli this year, hoping some kind soul will give me the book for my birthday. Someone showed it to me years ago it it is one of those things you will want to own one day! Well, I do...As I got more and more disappointed with the HDRA Seed Library I'm still looking for more rare varieties to grow.

http://www.kokopelli-seeds.com/

I'd love to support a seed, plant or propagation swap, maybe this could be a regular on the forum in this Growing section?  :&>

What a great link. I've just had a quick look but will enjoy having a good look when things are not so mad here! :pepper: :rasp: :squash:
kirsty

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 12:28:44 pm »
Just opened the Thomson & Morgan catalogue I got in the mail a few days ago and found it contains a £5 no strings attached voucher.
JD

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 12:33:59 pm »
I bought quite a few interesting seeds from T & M. Once you get going with the £ 5 off, it's hard to stop, beware!  :&>

paul d

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 09:44:31 pm »
Last year I bought off alan romans they are the cheapest I could find and were succesful as well now the seeds don't come in fancy packets mind just the foil inner ones that come inside the standard pack of seed and the variety isn't massive but at the prices they are very good value also seedaholics are worth a look 

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 10:56:19 pm »
Just got the T & M catalogue and am a bit disappointed not have found a £ 5 off voucher... :&>

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 11:12:55 pm »
The catalogue I have has a picture of a basket of sweet peas and an ad for the £5 voucher on the front cover and the voucher inside with an order code. It says even if my order is under £5 I just pay pp.
JD

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 07:07:33 am »
Lidl seeds are the cheapest I know of, about 29p for a small packet and 48 for a large packet.

Whilst there may not be a fancy selection of seeds there is certainly all of the most eaten veg, oh and some flowers lol

Later in the season there is also fruite trees and bushes at cheap prices. Last year I bought loads for my 2 allotments.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:10:31 am by Jackie »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS