Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A Huge Congratulations To The Loxley Valley Community Farm.  (Read 2931 times)

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
A Huge Congratulations To The Loxley Valley Community Farm.
« on: November 02, 2009, 10:08:53 am »
On Saturday I was Invited to the Halloween open day at the Loxley Valley Community Farm. Mark, Who is the driving force behind it posts on here as sanam. In a very short space of time they have set up a community farm/smallholding project and have made a great success of it so far. They have worked very hard and created something quite wonderful. Last week they had a shire horse team ploughing a patch for them. They have vegetables, turkeys, ducks, chickens and some fabulous saddleback pigs. They are a very friendly bunch and I really enjoy visiting them. Sometime soon a famous exponent of growing your own will be visiting them and they will be on national telly. I would like to congratulate them on their project and they will go from strength to strength. If anyone wishing to try the lifestyle but have no access to land, then I would highly recommend that you try and find a similar setup near you, or start one yourself. We should all have access to a spot to grow a bit of fresh food, if we so desire.

HappyHippy

Re: A Huge Congratulations To The Loxley Valley Community Farm.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:12:51 am »
Sounds great - I love to see shires pulling those big old ploughs  ;D
It's great what can be acheived when everyone works together towards a common goal - I hope there's more of this type of thing to come because it's time to stop the 'me, me, me' attitude and learn to be communities again  ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:32:36 am »
thumbs up :)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:55:26 am »
hey Linz , what a shame you weren't there with the little one ... he could have been 'Robin of Loxley', for the day at least .... ::) ;D

Robin Hood , Robin Hood riding through the glen ....!!!!

cheers

Russ

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 02:43:45 pm »
funnily enough they did all wear lincoln green on saturday.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS