Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Show Today  (Read 2580 times)

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
Show Today
« on: June 29, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »
Having not gone out in the trailer with Zak for circa 2 years and not competed at a show for at least 4 year I didn't know what to expect or even if Zak would go inside the trailer!  However, he was a total star and walked straight on the trailer no probs and as we drove to the showground he was munching away on his hay net totally at ease.   

We entered 2 x in hand classes to get us back in the swing of things and as the classes were following each other it meant we didn't have to be out all day.   The showground was very busy - 2 fields of trailers and lorries parked but Zak was very chilled about it all and seemed to enjoy the change of scene.

First class was the condition class - a huge variety of horses and ponies in this from section A through to cobs and   hunters.  Zak walked and trotted very well and I was so pleased with him.  Unfortunately he had a coughing fit and we did not get placed but we were straight back in for the show horse class and out of 19 we came 6th.  I was well pleased for out first time out in so long and even more pleased that Zak was so good going in the trailer etc.   In all fairness Zak is not very keen on showing - he prefers something much faster and either endurance rides or jumping is his thing.   We have an endurance ride at Wentwod Forest in August and so really looking forward to that (it's not just arabs that can do endurance!).

The photos show us getting ready and then in the ring etc.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Show Today
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:59:56 pm »
You both look very smart  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 05:24:14 pm »
Yes - what a beautiful boy :-)……. and you look very smart too  ;D
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:19:26 pm »
He's 15 now and I have had him since a 4 year old  :horse:  He's built like a tank and has feet like dinner plates but he is so gentle and such a sweet nature.  I love him to bits!  :love:

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 11:31:19 pm »
Well done!

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 10:29:44 am »
He looks fab, bet he rides like an armchair :) I like big feet :) even on my As, no room for tiny feet here lol

Well done both x

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 11:39:16 am »
Thanks!  Yes he is a very comfy armchair ride although when excited he can also put in one HUGE buck or just do a massive leap up in to the air with all 4 feet off the floor!  He also knows exactly what he wants and will bang on the gate for an apple or carrot and when out hacking, he will stop at one particular gateway ever time as they leave apples out in the summer and he likes to help himself to one!  He never forgets, regardless of which way we arrive at the gateway.  He is a real character - bless him.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 12:10:51 pm »
I love characters, ttheyre quirks make them very special.  We have a palomino who is real quirky but soft as a brush all at the same time ha x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS