Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dry Skin  (Read 4249 times)

magpiefeather

• Joined Mar 2008
Dry Skin
« on: April 15, 2008, 11:27:38 am »
Ok think I am becoming a paronoid pig owner now !!

You may have read a previous post where I mentioned lice etc, well I found no signs of bugs but I am still a little concerned.  I have Kune Kunes and they seem happy with us but their skin is still worring me it seems very dry and is flakey in places, should I be moisturise them it just looks uncomfortable ?  ???

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Dry Skin
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 12:23:32 pm »
Its that time of year, could be sunburn or just dandruff due to the weather.  Either way pig oil, or any moisturiser (preferably non perfumed) rubbed in.  Try to do so when it is either cloudy or evening.  Avoids cooking the skin.

magpiefeather

• Joined Mar 2008
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 02:01:27 pm »
great thanks for that, they will enjoy the fuss too no doubt !!   ;D

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:02:46 pm »
I rehomed a Kune Kune pig with terrible skin problems.  She came to us in a bad way and having started treating her as described she really didn't get on with our other pigs,so this very nice family took her and loved her.  They used oilatum (spelling?), and treatments used normally for excma and it cleared up a treat.  She was an extreme case I have to say - very pale skin tones and had been left exposed to the sun by the previous owners, but having spoken to her new family since she cleared up a treat and all her hair is now grown back.

Kate  :) :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS