Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Foals :)  (Read 6664 times)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Foals :)
« on: June 16, 2014, 04:42:48 pm »
Well we ve had three beautiful foals by our stallion Colne Heartsease, two strong bold colts and a delightful palomino filly.  just one more to go now, a  section B daughter of Eyarth Celebration, really looking forward to meeting him or her too, as I just know the foal will be a stunner :)

Will put pics up when I get onto pc, so lovely to have the foals on the ground safe and sound, most beautiful time wasters of all, just like when I m mooning over lambies :) x
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:45:07 pm by Hellybee »

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
Re: Foals :)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 08:00:53 pm »
I'd love to see some photos, we aren't expecting any this year and it is not nice, yours sound a delight.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 11:25:17 am »
Hello  :wave:

Sorry, havegot pics but tend to come on here on iPad, and can't remember password for bazz. es pc, but will try, they are lovely.  I wanted to celebrate having such a famous sire joining us so they re registered names have to have some of his name in it.   

So we have queen of Hearts, who I have nick named dolly, then there's Johnny Heartbreak, stable name rudy as he has a spot at the bottom of his blaze that makes him resemble Rudolph lol, and lastly there's teddy too,  as we know another teddy and I'm going register him Bearheart, he s the most busy of the three and has limbs like his daddy, maybe he'd doesn't have the quality of the other too, but not far off, but time will tell, he ll be more of a leading rein, the others will be up to height, more range, very suited to the open showring. But of course I have to nurture them first, but if my arm is twisted enough I would sell to the right homes, but otherwise they will grow and play here until it's there time to go on and meet the world x

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:56:20 am »

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 05:05:27 pm »
I had two fillies this year which is a great result, saves a vet fee for castration and I've a viewing booked on each for July already, tho they won't go til the end of the year obviously.

With one of the stallion's mares getting on a bit I am wondering how to retire her without the foals not having company - obvious answer would be a new broodmare foaling next year, but I'm not really keen to buy another pony right now so might advertise for a breeding loan if I find compatible lines in a pony I like and maybe return her home in foal as a thanks.

Meantime I'm experiencing the rare phenomenon of too much grass so will have a few visiting sheep arriving to help out in the next few weeks all being well :)  Failing that, a topper may be the answer.
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 02:09:41 pm »
rudy x

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 02:10:16 pm »
sorry, its helen using barrys lo gin, sorry Bazzz xxx

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 02:11:00 pm »
Dolly x

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 02:12:06 pm »
n teddy  with rudy x

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 02:12:43 pm »
Hiya Ellie, What do you breed xx

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 04:52:59 pm »
Highland ponies :) 

My first homebred foal turned 20 in March this year and it took me a couple of seasons to get his mother, my first Highland riding mare, in foal so I've been at it quite a while now :o 

My stallion is that foundation mare's grandson so the foals are her great granddaughters and some of his earlier stock that I sold are producing foals themselves now in different homes all over the UK.  I feel quite ancient even thinking about it! 
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 05:54:12 pm »
I'd I'd follow the ridden M and M quite a lot so I shall keep an eye open in the future for your stock, I love highlands, they're so beautiful x

Baois Glas

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Ireland
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 11:39:25 am »
Lovely foals!  ;D 
How many acres how much light
Tucked in the woods and out of sight
Talk to the neighbours and tip my cap
On a little road barely on the map

lilfeeb

• Joined Feb 2013
  • Kinross-shire
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 03:42:02 pm »
lovely pics, your foals are gorgeous! :)

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 08:15:25 pm »
They are lovely!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS