Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scottish national show  (Read 3619 times)

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
Scottish national show
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:21:06 pm »
I have a bit of an idea about entering my new croad langshan cockerel in the Scottish National Poultry Show. I emailed the secretary about an entry form a while ago and have got no answer. Does anyone else out there know anything about it? :chook:
kirsty

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Scottish national show
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 11:57:25 pm »
When is it? and Where?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hardfeather

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 10:14:09 am »
It was held at the Perth mart (united Auctions), but they have moved their business to the new mart to the west of Stirling (on the Blair Drummond road), so I don't know what's happening this year.

It's a big show, but you have to have your birds there for two days.........not handy if you're far away, unless you can stay nearby to be able to look after them.

I haven't ever entered because I have never been able to find out who deals with the entries either.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:47:01 am »
http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1349.0

Poultry show 'too big' for Stirling
By GORDON DAVIDSON
SCOTLAND'S main poultry show has abruptly changed location because the facilities where it was booked to he held - United Auction's new Stirling mart - have been deemed not big enough'.

The Scottish National Poultry Show will now be held at the Lanark Agricultural Centre on Saturday, 23 and Sunday, January 24, 2010.

The show, which attracted more than 3000 birds when it was held at the UA mart in Perth in January, 2009, had been due to transfer seamlessly to company's state-of-the-art Stirling Agricultural Centre. However, despite assurances that the location would be able to accommodate the poultry show, that has since been found not to be the case.

Entries Close 30th December 2010
This is a PCGB Championship Show
Incorporating The Scottish Breed Clubs Show; Asian Hard Feather Club Regional Show; Australorp Club Area Show; Ancona Club show; Barnevelder Club Regional Show; Belgian Bantam Club Show; Brahma Club of Great Britain Regional Show; Croad Langshan Scottish Club Show; Dutch Bantam Club Show; Frizzle Club Show; The British Faverolles Soc. Regional Show; The German Langshan Club Show; Hamburgh Club Regional Show; Japanese Bantam Club Show; Leghorn Club Show; Marans Club Show; Minorca Club Show; O.E.G. Club (Carlisle) Show; Orpington Club Show; Buff Orpington Club Regional Show; Scottish Pekin Bantam Club Show: Plymouth Rock Club Show; Scottish Rhode Island Red Club Show; Rosecomb Club Show; Scots Dumpy Club Show; Scots Grey Club Show; Sebright Club Show; The Silkie Club of G.B. Regional Show; Scottish Sussex Club Show; Welsummer Club Regional Show; Scottish Wyandotte Bantam Club Show; Indian Game Club Show; Modern Game Club Regional Show; Scottish Game Club Show; Scottish Waterfowl Club (inc. Domestic Waterfowl Club Regional Show);
There are....570 Poultry Classes including Waterfowl....52 egg classes...There are 5 selling classes; Pair Large Fowl; Trio Large Fowl; Pair Bantams; Trio Bantams; Pair Waterfowl
Where:
United Auctions (Stirling)
Hill of Drip
Stirling
Scotland

Robert Macdonald
4 Pine View
Mintlaw
Nr. Peterhead
Aberdeenshire
AB42 5GG
Tel: 01771 622557.
e-mail: robert26@talktalk.net

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 09:03:29 pm »
Thanks SP
that's the guy I emailed 2 weeks ago and I've had no response as yet. I read that the show is going to have to be at Lanark this year because of Stirling being too small.

http://www.thescottishfarmer.co.uk/display.var.2531924.0.poultry_show_too_big_for_stirling.php

I didn't know it meant a full two days commitment. Suddenly, I'm not so keen
kirsty

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS