Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Best vacume cleaner please  (Read 4374 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Best vacume cleaner please
« on: June 13, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »
I want a cylinder cleaner and I don't want it to cost an arm and a leg. Anyone got something they can recommend?
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Re: Best vacume cleaner please
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 05:01:13 pm »
dont get a cheap vax exclusive to argos as ours never lasted.
we have gone through many, mostly vax, many bagless cylinders, but wouldnt be without my hetty now.

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 05:12:59 pm »
Worth looking on eBay for re-conditioned Dyson. Needs a bit of care and digging around in the sellers feedback history but definitely worth a go.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 05:39:06 pm »
We have a dyson, not cheap to buy but so efficient. In fact, it is quite scary how much dirt it lifts from the carpets! Also good at removing copious amounts of rabbit hair from my daughters carpets!

Trixie

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 06:49:04 pm »
I have had different ones over the years, had a dyson years ago which was ok but the cables are too short and would not buy 1(I inherited that when I met OH), I had a vax black pet one not the orange and that was brill had it for years and got it for half price still going well never lost suction but use it for the vehicles now as fancied a change, so last year I bought a Hetty, fantastic got two suction settings really powerful my daughter has had a Henry for years and wouldn't have anything else! You can always get them in a sale if you check all the shops out online before you go to buy one.

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 07:42:30 pm »
35yr old vax wet and dry still use to clean ours and friends carpets , bought a vax 1700 turbo force 10 yrs ago to update still going strong .  Most businesses seem to use henrys .

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:46:31 pm »
  Most businesses seem to use henrys .

and schools.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 07:59:27 pm »
Like my Dyson. Also like the guarantee it came with - DH used it to clear up after we had some internal walls knocked down. (It was those thin strips of wood and thick plaster rather than cut sheets). There was a cm of plaster dust on every surface and this got threw the filters and clogged the motor and broke it.
Dyson replaced the motor, something else, noticed the front bar had wear on it and replaced that also free of charge.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 08:18:08 pm »
I've just bought a Hoover that looks like a Dyson (Pet and allergy one), except that the hose and tools are a heck of a lot easier to use!  And it's about a third of the price - £90   :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 08:35:48 pm »
I've just bought a Hoover that looks like a Dyson (Pet and allergy one), except that the hose and tools are a heck of a lot easier to use!  And it's about a third of the price - £90   :excited:
Annie, I thinks that's the one I was looking at too

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 06:58:43 am »
We spent years buying cheap Hoover's, including a vax and they just didn't cut it. They didn't cope with the pet hair and within a couple of months the difference in performance was clear.

So I saved for a year to buy the Dyson dc41 which is the large capacity animal one and it is amazing. Well worth the money I think, so glad I got one.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 08:01:24 am »
Well, OH has managed to breath some life into my old cylinder Dyson so it looks like I won't be buying another one just yet  :fc:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 11:38:19 am »
I always go for dyson. I had a vax once and it was so noisy am surprised I didn't go deaf. :roflanim:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 12:08:22 pm »
Annie, I thinks that's the one I was looking at too
This one is an upright.  Nice and lightweight, goes like the clappers on just about anything (except papers torn up by pup, but nothing would suck them up!)  Half price at Argos just now too.  I ahve adyson too, but this is so much lighter, so my back and arms don't suffer
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 08:50:36 pm »
I have had my Miele Cat & Dog hoover for the past 14 years and it is the best hoover ever - i LOVE it!  It has been used daily in all that time and the suction is as good as the day I got it.  I have never had to have it repaired and it has never once broken down.  When this one does finally give up the ghost I will certainly get another one. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS