Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lumps on dogs - update! PHEW! :-)  (Read 11175 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Lumps on dogs
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 06:15:15 pm »
 Ian said most of it was encapsulated except one small section, it had a huge blood supply, with a central cystic section, a small scar on the skin over the site - could have been a tic bite that started it all. I removed a tic from his eyebrow on Sunday afternoon, never thought to check for more as they had advantix just about 6 weeks ago.  Apparently it needs to be done every month!

Until the lab results come back we have no way of knowing - right now my baby is not at all well, won't eat or drink and can't lift his leg to pee or he'd fall over. No power on front left shoulder. Have made him safe from interested (nosey) parties (the girls) by putting him in a soft crate in the lounge.  He has a bowl of scalded lamb and some raw tripe to nibble on.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 07:44:19 pm »
 :hug: :hug:    hope he feels better soon

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 08:19:10 pm »
He's eaten the food!  . :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 09:17:56 pm »
Yay  :excited: just taking a bit longer to recover not being a young lad   :hug:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 11:57:54 pm »
And he's just done a wee  :excited:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 07:37:26 am »
Is he feeling a bit better this morning?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 12:17:21 pm »
He's quieter than normal, obviously in pain first thing, but he's had metacam, body functions normal, eating and drinking normal.  He just keeps looking at me with this strange quizzical look on his face. And he's much more clingy.
Ian wants to see him Monday afternoon to make sure there isn't a fluid build up after removal of so much soft tissue.
I did ask when the lab results would be back but I can't remember hearing the answer.  ::)

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 06:18:55 pm »
Get well soon Allez :hug: :fc:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 04:23:38 pm »
How's Allez?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 06:52:03 pm »
He had a check up today to make sure there was no fluid build up. All fine there, but I had a scare yesterday  :gloomy:

He scratched off his dressing,  ran into the garden, and I saw him heading for the pond - a dirty muddy hole of a thing that they all love ploutering in.  :innocent:  I spotted a red splodge then a drip and yelled at him - he stopped at the edge and ran back to me - he had ripped out the bottom four stitches and there was a gaping hole. :rant:  I slapped on a dry pad and a body bandage, shoved him in the car and phoned the vet. 

Fortunately it's only 25 minutes to the head office of the practice so off we went.  George (the other partner) who is a member of our working gundog club was duty vet, so it was good to see him and he chatted non stop about club stuff while he stapled Allez back together! (at no charge!)

Lab reports usually take a week or so - Friday probably.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 08:01:48 pm »
Oh bless him ... Well at least he's feeling better in himself even if he did give you a bit of a fright.

Both of mine like to find any mucky hole. When we went to Exmoor recently our lab pup ran straight through what must have been a deep hole that the farmer had filled with muck. She practically had to swim. She was in it before we'd spotted it. Gave a recall and yep, she came straight back ..... right through it for a second time  ::)
She stank .... children thought it was hysterical.  ::)

:fc: for Friday

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 09:05:14 pm »
Here's hoping Allez is still healing well  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »
He scratched out all the stitches and staples this afternoon so had to rush back to the vet again.  First two staples he screamed so the nerves had started to grow back already, so George had to use wound glue instead.  He is now wearing my Central Scotland Smallholders t-shirt taped up with masking tape, with tape over the wound underneath. And a buster collar if I need to go out without him - can't take him with me as it's so hot!  At last he is lying down quietly having had a big drink of cool water, and the buster collar removed.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 10:19:02 pm »
It's good that the nerves are growing back already - but he's really putting you through the wringer, isn't he!

He's looking well in the pics :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 07:54:50 am »
Bless him  :love: :love:  He looks really well though despite what he has just gone through.  He is gorgeous too - a very handsome chap.  :hug:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS