Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: SRUC at the Royal Highland Show  (Read 4580 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
SRUC at the Royal Highland Show
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:07:12 pm »
There will be a special smallholders "bit" in the SRUC pavilion at the RHS later this month. It's been organised by Caroline Robinson, who has been very supportive of smallholding in Scotland and has been the driving force behind the courses being run by SRUC for smallholders and SRUC support for the Festival and the Spring Gathering.

So if you are going to RHS in a week or two, please swing by and provide some reciprocal support.

Caroline says there's tea, coffee and traybakes. Plus information on condition scoring. Not sure if the latter is related to the former  ;D

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: SRUC at the Royal Highland Show
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:09:27 pm »
Count me in for anything yummy  :thumbsup:  I will pop by
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:20:47 pm »
Me to, pop in on the Saturday maybe see you at the goats Bucklay.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 08:37:10 am »
I'm on the RBST stand (Countryside area by the poultry tent) on Saturday and Sunday. Dan's there Friday. Come by and see us  :wave:

Cowgirl

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 10:44:38 am »
Hope to be there on Friday - will definitely pop in, and to RBST! Going to Three Counties this weekend too on Rare Breed day - can't wait!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 03:42:37 pm »

Does it matter which day you go then?  For example, presumably the animal showing is only on one day for each type of animal?

I know there should be a programme online, but I haven't managed to find it yet!!

Thanks!

Edit: Wait a minute - I just found it (for the livestock at least)!  http://royalhighlandshow.org/images/uploads/Livestock%20Showing%20Timetable%202014.pdf  Does anybody know about poultry?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:48:59 pm by Womble »
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 08:01:15 pm »
Poultry show is sat sunday

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 06:41:20 pm »
Poultry arrive Friday night, and are exhibited on Saturday they are then open to public for viewing for the rest of Saturday and sunday  :thumbsup: I will be there with horses and poultry so im staying the week, will come and say hi if I get a chance Rosemary

Does it matter which day you go then?  For example, presumably the animal showing is only on one day for each type of animal?

I know there should be a programme online, but I haven't managed to find it yet!!

Thanks!

Edit: Wait a minute - I just found it (for the livestock at least)!  http://royalhighlandshow.org/images/uploads/Livestock%20Showing%20Timetable%202014.pdf  Does anybody know about poultry?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS