Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Open Farm Sunday  (Read 1944 times)

sss

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
Open Farm Sunday
« on: June 08, 2014, 06:27:41 pm »
Well as it was open farm Sunday, we headed out and had a nose at a couple of 'locals'.

We started off with the massive farm G's Fresh, big industrial scale veg. Then off to two smaller smallholdings South Angle Farm and triangle farm in Soham. Then finished off at the agricultural college at Cambridge.

It was certainly very interesting and the first time I have been to one of these open farm Sunday's.  We came away with some ideas and it was good to see. We also had some nice food.

Good idea this event and I was surprised to see how busy all of the farms were with visitors.

Well done to all those that organise these events.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Open Farm Sunday
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 11:03:05 am »
OH & I helped at OFS at Birchfield Farm near Harrogate yesterday.
OH had parked 160 cars by 2pm! I helped with the pig handling display & explained about the herd and free range pigs to the visitors. We had visitors from the US, Australia & South Africa (theres a military base nearby)as well as lots of locals, there were queues to buy ice-cream at the parlour and everyone seemed to have a great time. We both got burnt as it was a hot day and were thoroughly tired out by time we got home.
Mandy :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS