Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Christmas present list  (Read 22756 times)

sandy

Re: Christmas present list
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2009, 10:10:28 pm »
4 Eucalyptus trees please!+*^**!"$&!

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2009, 11:35:49 pm »
Me too!  Intended to use piglet/goat kid sale money but dont think I can wait that long...
Already decided which one I'm having

Go on ..... indulge me ........which one?
kirsty

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2009, 05:20:42 pm »
http://www.theincubatorshop.co.uk/products/details/184.html

Got to be fully auto, and don't want a huge one.  And I think Brinsea and Romcom are too expensive for the number of eggs they hold!

What do you think?
Little Blue

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2009, 05:37:46 pm »

I have had a lot of success with the R-COM 20, have had it a couple of years and I have 2 complaints one is that the humidity sponges were quite expensive but I think that the new ones don't need them.The other complaint is that when hatching ducks I have to put wet kitchen roll or an extra sponge in with the eggs to keep the humidity up. I have 11 eggs hatching as I write.
Anne

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2009, 06:16:52 pm »
This is the one I've been stroking in the farmsupplies shop
http://www.theincubatorshop.co.uk/products/details/167.html
The girls (i'm sure they are all under 15) in the shop had hatched a dozen cream legbars in the shop.
I am not clear about how it measures up with regards to the tech spec but its really shiny!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the link to the shop - i'll leave it showing on laptop and hope someone notices.
kirsty

sandy

« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2009, 09:57:22 am »
That looks very stylish...mmmmmmmm, like the look of that!!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2009, 10:54:00 am »
This is the one I've been stroking in the farmsupplies shop
http://www.theincubatorshop.co.uk/products/details/167.html
The girls (i'm sure they are all under 15) in the shop had hatched a dozen cream legbars in the shop.
I am not clear about how it measures up with regards to the tech spec but its really shiny!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the link to the shop - i'll leave it showing on laptop and hope someone notices.

Kirsty, this is the incubator that I have and think it is great. The only piece of advice I would give you is do not put water in at any time. I had a poor success rate the first time I tried and I had followed the instructions. Some one who had been using incubators for years told me that in Scotland we should not add water and since I followed that advice I had great success.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2009, 02:11:13 pm »
Yes, I like that one too!
Also like your idea of leaving it on the laptop... Santa sometimes needs a big shove in the right direction!!
Little Blue

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2009, 06:46:26 pm »
Thank you all. You've done it now James, a personal recommendation is just what I needed.
Next thing is to alter the settings on my computer so that it doesn't go to sleep and the pretty picture can stay there blinking in the middle of the room all day............
I am going to be soooooooooo disappointed on Christmas day.!!!!!!
Oh well, it may help me commiserate with my youngest daughter who is not getting an iphone.
kirsty

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS