Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: US Tutors (Deb Robson, Sarah Anderson, Abby Franquemont) in N England / S Scot?  (Read 1858 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
I am exploring the possibility of bringing one or more of:
•Deb Robson (Fleece and Fibre Sourcebook)
•Sarah Anderson (Spinners’ Book of Yarn Design, and that N-plying video)
•Abby Franquemont (Respect the Spindle)
up to the North of England, or possibly Southern Scotland / Scottish Borders to give workshops.

(They are booked for workshops at Fibre East, and after that Abby in Cambridge, Sarah in Welshpool.  After that they could be available to come north.)

At this stage I need a feel for which of the tutors there would be interest in, how far people would be prepared to travel to get to see them, and whether people would come midweek or only on the weekend.

Costs would likely be of the order of £30-£40 for a half-day, £55-£75 for a full day workshop. Possibly less if we can get enough support, possibly a little more depending on the venue and level of support.

Please could I ask people to go over to the thread on Ravelry to register their interest?

If you aren't on Ravelry and don't want to respond there, please do let me know your thoughts here.  But please make it clear that you have not responded on Ravelry so I know your interest is in addition to that registered on Ravelry.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs

I would have loved to see Abby spinning, but a workshop would depend on the level she set it.  I already spindle spin so would want something a bit more advanced.  But anyway, as with my not being able to commit to the Wool on the Wall event, I couldn't commit to this.  I have tried booking courses and so on before, only for something health related to come up and mean I couldn't go, plus I lose my fee or deposit.

I do hope this goes well for you Sally and you manage to get a workshop set up  :fc:.  Sounds like it's going to take a whole lot of organisation, but I think you are totally up to the challenge  8).
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS