Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: can I get some info on where to show my hens  (Read 1619 times)

demonfarmer2630

• Joined May 2011
  • kennoway
  • soor plooms
can I get some info on where to show my hens
« on: June 06, 2014, 07:14:37 am »
I'm looking to show my barnevelders hens and or a rooster but I'm new to the show world and hope some one in or around five could help me with show info and teach me what I need to know please I would like to show them soon or even next year I have 17 barnevelder at this time

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: can I get some info on where to show my hens
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 08:27:18 am »
I also live in Fife and have started showing my Bantams this year, I think the small agricultural shows is a good way to start, we have the Fife show the East Fife show and I think the Kinross show has poultry. There is also a couple of shows a Coaltown of Balgonie all and more can be found on the net and are not far from you. Preparation for shows information can be also found on the net, hope that helps cheers.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:56:10 am by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:17:39 am »
This might be useful reading if you're new to showing:

http://www.scottishsmallholdershow.co.uk/beginners-guide-to-showing-poultry/

HTH.

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:56:01 pm »
We have a very good barnvelder man in scotland mick grogan .I dont show eney more the trick  is to see haw good they are if you put 2 good pullits in carlile you will now haw good they are .You get red card for first and then a best breeders card  .People will wont youre stock and eggs . .You can  up the game by getting new stock whith the money you have made on youre stock .You also need to no who is top at youre breed . Mick shows at the scotish natshnal and wins .Is stock will be for sale at dingwall november .It is better to have good stock and showing is a good hobey. club shows like peebles poultrey club                https://www.facebook.com/groups/180570405310749/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:03:02 pm by Victorian Farmer »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS