Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New Mother  (Read 4140 times)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
New Mother
« on: May 20, 2014, 03:57:45 am »
I am feeling fab today.  I am now a chicken owner again with 5 leghorns and 3 isa browns who are giving me 7 fresh eggs daily - yippee!  It feels great to have chooks again and I converted a portion of one of our building for them and they are clearly happy as pigs in s=+t.  I also purchased my first horse.  She is a beautiful 3 year old American Quarterhorse mare.  Black with a white star and two rear white socks and she is a cracker.  She isn't living here at the moment but I am she isn't broke to ride and I am being helped out by a local horse whisperer so she is stabled with her at the moment.  My step-daughter has called her Nayla which I am happy with and I am spending time with her every day working on trust and basic groundwork.  It does mean the sheep have to wait a few more weeks but I am so good with that!  Who knew you could love a horse so much.
Melanie xxx :chook: :chook: :chook: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: New Mother
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 08:10:45 am »
How exciting. New crooks and a chicken. Good luck with them all
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:01:51 am »
Exciting times.  :thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 09:28:27 am »
It's great to hear you are starting to get your new friends :)

Nayla sounds beautiful - do please post a pic or three at your earliest convenience!   :eyelashes:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 04:23:05 pm »
Life is exciting when you have new animals.  :thumbsup: :excited:

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 07:07:31 pm »
How exciting.  :)  :excited:  I've had a naff day and it was lovely to read your post.  made me smile.  :)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 04:37:39 am »
hope this pic works

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 08:09:18 am »
Wow she is beautiful, I know exactly how you feel  :excited: have had neddys for 27 years and l love them :love:
Also have chuckies, little characters  :chook: as the goat woman said lots of pleasure in having animals.
I also have :dog: :goat: :&> :sheep: and the pleasure l get keeping them is immeasurable.
Enjoy, lts the start of a beautiful friendship  :horse:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 06:14:20 pm »
Oh gosh, she really is beautiful!   :love: :horse:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 06:20:23 pm »
She's lovely!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 06:23:23 pm »
very nice  :thumbsup:

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 07:22:50 pm »
Thank you ladies, I feel like such a proud mum every time she does what she is supposed to.  I'm probably bias but she is very clever and a quick learner - gonna saddle her for the first time next week - exciting times x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS