Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi from Penrith  (Read 9900 times)

Littleyam

• Joined May 2014
Hi from Penrith
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:09:07 am »
 :) Hi
I am new to this site, just want to say hello! I am looking for land and hoping to keep sheep (possibly Shetlands) in the future, and am here to learn and make friends.

Littleyam x

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Hi from Penrith
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:00:14 am »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:20:33 am »
Welcome from Caithness :wave:
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »
Welcome from just up the road, near Brampton (the one near Carlisle, not the one off the A66.)   :wave:

Good choice of breed;  I have a small mixed flock for fleece (I spin :spin:), and have been impressed with the Shetlands and Shetland crosses I have. 

Do you (or shall you) spin?  If so, you may want to check out Eden Valley Guild, which meets in Mungrisdale on the third Saturday of every month.  Lovely friendly people :) - one of them is me!   :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 09:48:31 pm »
Hello and welcome from a showery Somerset. :wave: :raining:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 09:52:19 pm »
Hi from a bit further down in Cumbria (near Kirkby Stephen)  :wave: I keep Shetlands too, amongst many other things!   ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 10:23:22 pm »
 :wave: from even further down in Shropshire.

Littleyam

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 05:13:56 am »
Thank you so much for all your welcomes  :wave:

Great to know there are some local people - Jaykay - you are not far away. and Sallyintnorth even nearer. I hope I will be able to gain some knowledge from you, and possibly meet your flock sometime? As for spinning, I don't know, although I do knit a little - I have the Woolfest in my diary Cockermouth on 27th June, to have a visit and see what it is all about.

Thanks

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 09:43:18 am »
Hi from Caithness,  :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:  :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 10:23:23 am »
I have the Woolfest in my diary Cockermouth on 27th June, to have a visit and see what it is all about.

I'll be on the front door 12-1 I think it is, and around the rest of Friday.  Almost certainly back on Saturday too.

I'll be wearing my Ravelry badge with my Ravelry and real life names on it - castlemilk Sally.  But unless I have my hair up you probably won't be able to see the badge ::)

It would be good to meet you :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Littleyam

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 02:57:25 pm »
It would be good to meet you Sally. I had forgotten it was on Saturday as well. What time does it open please?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 03:52:02 pm »
It opens at 10am both days.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 06:50:11 pm »
Hi from the other side of hartside from you  :thumbsup:
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS