Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Exited!  (Read 2320 times)

waddy

• Joined May 2012
Exited!
« on: February 08, 2014, 03:39:29 pm »
I have just seen my first ever bullfinch! It was on our peanut feeder.

:excited: :excited: :excited:
Helen

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Exited!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:49:32 pm »
Have you done the Great British Bird Watch?  I think the RSPB still want reports. :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

waddy

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 03:57:30 pm »
The only reasonably dry part of the birdwatch weekend was the only chance we had to go and collect and chop logs. The rest of the time the birds were mostly in hiding from the torrential rain. I am surprised they are managing to hang on to the feeder at all in this wind! We are going through peanuts and fat balls by the sack load!

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 05:28:37 pm »
Isn't it great when something unusual comes to the bird feeder.
We got excited when we got a Goldfinch the other week on the niger seed feeder.

We regularly get the usual Great, Blue and Coal tits as well as sparrows, Dunocks, robins and blackbirds.
But we also get 2 great spotted woodpeckers and about 15 long tailed tits.
We have also been visited by the sparrow hawk hald a dozen times (that I've seen) trying to get a meal.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 09:51:32 am »
Beautiful birds, I know how you feel :yippee: .  Years ago they were killed by farmers  and fruit growers because they peck the buds from the fruit trees.  They nest in our overgrown blackthorn hedges and  I love them ;D .

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 10:39:24 am »
They are beautiful birds, but be aware they ruin orchards and the like. I had a whole flock of them in 2011 and they ruined my tomato harvest. Everywhere there were tomatoes with holes in them.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS