Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dirty Monday  (Read 5831 times)

Jayhawk

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Duns
Dirty Monday
« on: April 08, 2008, 08:40:39 pm »
The boys are booked in :o :o William and Charles (knew we shouldn't have named them) are booked for their final journey next Monday. I keep trying to square the circle with things like "we'll have lots of lovely bacon, ham, roasts etc". It's not coming easily :( Silly really as in my time as a farmer I must have sent 1000's of cattle and 10's of 1000's of sheep to the slaughter house. This is more personal :( I'll be sending them and me some Reiki for Monday. I'll tell you how it goes.
Johnny
Old age is a privilege denied to too many

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Dirty Monday
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:30:15 pm »
Jonny read the other posts and you will get some comfort from there.  It will be ok and you will feel ok afterwards because your pigglies were adoured and well cared for and enjoyed their life.

Bon Chance!

Kate  :pig:  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Jayhawk

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Duns
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:08:22 pm »
Kate, Merci ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 08:06:46 am »
It is the inevitable end the point is to enjoy the fantastic meat THEN to go get some more.  Dont leave a long gap.  Next time will be slightly easier, plus the pleasure of the new piglets will fill a huge gap.  Good luck for Monday. 

The Chicken Lady

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 09:17:45 am »
I have only had my first pigs just over two weeks. I keep thinking of the day they will go -will I be able to do it? :-X
Karen

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 10:13:30 am »
Well if you dont ........ :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig:  etc.

Jayhawk

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Duns
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 08:27:15 pm »
Hilarysmum, Don't leave a long gap you say. Boys went on Monday. Later Monday between 3 of us we got 3 Middle White crosses and today we got 3 Oxford Sandy and Blacks ;D My first reaction is that the Middles will be my favs. The others think OSB :) Feel a wee bit guilty as the guys we had are dead and I'm already excited about their replacements :-\ Thinking of doing a Myspace as a My(Pig)space.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 08:57:29 pm »
Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!! :pig: ;D :pig:  ;D:pig:  :D:pig:

Jayhawk

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Duns
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 08:03:34 pm »
Got a Myspace account with some pics uploaded. Not sure yet how others can get to see it. Must be some sort of search ??? Will work it out soon. The name is Primmypigs is you are myspace literate ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS