Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wanted soay, boreray and castlemilk moorits - scotland  (Read 4552 times)

holz306

• Joined Jan 2012
wanted soay, boreray and castlemilk moorits - scotland
« on: May 11, 2014, 11:03:03 pm »
Hi I'm looking for small flocks of soya, borders and Castlemilk moorit sheep, if you have any of the above for sale please get in touch, I'm on nw coast of scotland but will consider anything in scotland so please get in touch

TonyG

• Joined Apr 2014
Re: wanted soay, boreray and castlemilk moorits - scotland
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 06:31:11 am »
I have Soay's for sale, ewes with lambs at foot as well as last years lambs, plenty to choose from.  We are in NE Scotland.

holz306

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 02:57:35 pm »
 :wave: hiya, where abouts are you and can you give me prices? are they pure bred? :excited:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 04:38:13 pm »
I will have a couple of Castlemilk Moorits ewe lambs for sale once the lamb are weaned and also a Castlemilk Gimmer - Aberdeenshire - AB42
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

holz306

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 06:41:39 pm »
How much and where in Aberdeenshire are you? Are they registered pure breds?  :fc:

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 09:10:36 pm »
I have 2  Boreray ram lambs for sale in a few weeks. Registered, jagged,  healthy lambs   :sheep:

holz306

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 09:38:04 pm »
Thanks everyone, can you all send me prices for what you have so I can see what I can afford. Kelly where are you based?

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 10:43:49 pm »
Castlemilks - AB42 Aberdeenshire. - sorry if you email I'll give exact address - all either registered or birth notified till I get round to registration - £75 at weaning, vacations Lamivac + Ovipast - Gimmer plus a bit :)

Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 10:50:26 pm »
Hi , I am in Caithness, between Thurso & Wick. You will find pics on previous posts not long ago of the lambies , in sheep.
The flock is pure breed, goes back to original ewes brought off the Isle of St Kilda. Talk price  later. :thumbsup:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 10:56:42 pm »
- £75 at weaning, vacations
vacations - ha, what lucky sheep   :roflanim:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 09:24:23 am »
- £75 at weaning, vacations
vacations - ha, what lucky sheep   :roflanim:

Oh dear - not sure whether to blame the tablet or lack of glasses!! Although I'm pretty sure my sheep are on a permanent vacation  :roflanim:

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 11:23:45 am »
brought off the Isle of St Kilda      they must be good from there

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 12:31:40 pm »
brought off the Isle of St Kilda      they must be good from there

only about 6(?) sheep have ever been brought off st kilda - the rest are offspring. some went down to england and were registered, they obviously grew bigger than the others which went to stayed in scotland and for some reason werent registered. price wise in my experience the english ones seem to be 3 times the price to the un-reg scottish ones - tho which are the real macoy is anyones guess. i do wonder if either line is hardier than the other.
a lovely breed to keep.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 01:24:30 pm »
Doesnt always come down to price, I breed mine to keep the breed going. I would prefer them to be used for breeding.
I put a lot of tlc into my Boreray, and the pleasure I get back from them is worth every effort.
They are hardy little sheep, good mothers, good doers, and need all the help they can get as the only other breeders known are on Orkney and in Wales. Mine do originate from the English ones as their paperwork shows.  :love: :sheep:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS