Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goat home offered.  (Read 5581 times)

Bambi

• Joined Apr 2008
Goat home offered.
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:22:55 pm »
 :goat:I am seeking a milking nanny and can offer an experienced home.  Initially, she will come to me and will be shared with my neighbour, who will be learning from me about goatkeeping in general and how to milk correctly.  The breed is not important, but good temperament is.  My neighbour and myself live on adjacent holdings, in Somerset and both have holding numbers. I can collect within this area, which is SZ.  Vaccine is already ordered for BTV and will be given, as soon as it becomes available to me.
Bambi

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: Goat home offered.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:01:02 pm »
Hello

If you are in Somerset, are you a member of the Smallholders Association of Somerset? web address is
http://www.shasomerset.org.uk/
AND someone is bound to know someone who has a goat for sale ;D

Where in Somerset are you? I'm south of Taunton on the Blackdowns
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Bambi

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 07:31:42 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply --I live near Bridgwater and am a member of BGS and RBST, mainly for purposes of registration and breeding contacts, but having recently sold my pedigree herd, don't want to join any more societies.  I might get in touch with the Smallholders Association, but prefer direct approaches, as the other route always seems to involve masses of telephone calls and time spent making contact!  I am retired and am embarking on this new project with a very relaxed view.  The ultimate aim  is to produce a dual purpose dairy/ meat goat.
I have previously bred Boers and Golden Guernseys (also had BA's BS'S And BT's in the past.) The milker is mainly for my neighbour, but would provide a good source of milk for my kids which are presently on Lamlac.
Best wishes'
Bambi

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 10:45:17 pm »
Distinct possibility we might know each other ::)I used to keep and show British Alpine and pure Togg goats do you remember a goat called Honeydown Mercedes???
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Bambi

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:34:27 pm »
I don't think we know one another, as I have never been involved in the show scene, for goats, but maybe our paths will cross sometime.  I am well-up on bloodlines for GG's and Boers, but not for the other breeds!  No sign of a milker yet, but no doubt, a suitable animal will materialise in due course--I was offered several during the last year, but couldn't take them, at the time, as they weren't SM or CAE attested and my pedigree herd had export status.  That law at work!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS