Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Summer job?  (Read 3104 times)

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
Summer job?
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:14:57 pm »
O.K. they don't offer a wage, but plenty of food and experience in milking, making dairy products and an enormous amount of exercise bringing the cows home from the surrounding hills. Fishing and berry picking as well I expect. It is about 150 km. north of my place I would be tempted but I help my neighbour with his cows in the fäbod above our village.http://www.myhrbodarna.se/en/

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Re: Summer job?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 02:42:54 pm »
Bit too far for me... What a shame.

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 02:44:01 pm »
Sorry I'm intrested but a bit lost - do they offer holidays that are helping out on the farm? x

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 05:45:37 am »
I read the Swedish equivalent to TAS - en exellent forum and there the owner was advertising for volunteers to help with the summer activities. She could give food and lodgings and experience but not a wage.
 There are hundreds of fäbod dotted around mid  and nortern Sweden but the vast majority are derelict now. This is the largest of them. Used since the 1600's but last year they were begging for people to use it. It is 150 miles South of me so I don't know if they managed to find anyone
 I will be helping my neighbour take his cows to the fäbod above our village next month a six mile amble. Here is a photo taken from there

I can descrbe the traditional way of life more if you would like :)

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 10:19:09 am »
Will pm u x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS