Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: INCUBATOR WANTED  (Read 2565 times)

polly_men

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Aberdeenshire
    • www.blackpoolfarmproduce.co.uk
INCUBATOR WANTED
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:55:20 pm »
I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WERE ANY INCUBATORS FOR SALE HIRE OR BORROW IN ABERDEENSHIRE OR IF ANYBODY FANCIED HATCHING SOME FOR ME

Victorian Farmer

Re: INCUBATOR WANTED
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:52:10 am »
I dont no if i can help .iv been asked to inprove the leg bars in scotland .The leg bars we have are not proper breed standard utilatey etc . So iv got in touch with some of the best stock in the uk .so there will be 5 studs im working on as well as a supper hen which will be a utilatey line cuckoo marran / black marran    known as burrefield brown . You are welcome to have some of these .We also have mervin parrey blue egg line so lots of fun .The hatches start next week.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 12:48:32 pm »
I have an incubator for sale - Octagon 20 Advanced - We are outside Maud - all clean and boxed up was going to put it on ebay but not got round to it.

Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 04:04:12 pm »
Ooo how much are you asking for the incubator. I am desparate for one as i cannot find a Silver Grey Dorking cockerel so am going to have to but hatching eggs :(
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 05:09:34 pm »
I think they are about £250 (correct me if I'm talking rubbish) with the cradle and humidity thingy/box - still plenty of bit's with it ie the blotting paper stuff, tube of humidity box so I was hoping for half price £125.

I've used it but now have too many ducks and several of them are on eggs so might as well let them do the work!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 06:36:20 pm »
There is a brinsea incubator on Amazon for about 68 ££. Hope this helps.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 07:43:08 am »
Wow, I'd have bitten your hand off for that last week Brucklay. Unfortunately I just bought one new.

For reference, I paid £200 for the same model but WITHOUT the water pump, so Brucklay is correct with £250 ish new. WBF - different models I'm afraid - the Brinsea range is pretty confusing, I have to say, with choices between auto and manual turn, digital or glass thermometer, and manual or auto humidity. Multiply all that up and you have about six models to choose from, all at wildly different prices!!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Clawedjird

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 12:40:12 pm »
Brucklay do you still have the incubator for sale as I would be very interested in buying it.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 09:26:04 am »
Sorry Clawedjird I didn't spot your post - it could be sold today but if it's not I'll get back to you.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 10:41:38 pm »
Now sold and vet bill paid  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS