Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Strawberry plants, free. Between Brechin and Arbroath and Montrose  (Read 2291 times)

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
I have some strawberry plants needing new homes. About 30 or 40.
They are basically bare rooted and have been in water for a week waiting to be planted.
I had a strawberry bed where I wanted a greenhouse and had to dig up and relocate plants. I have replanted all I want and now have many spares.
The bed did have weeds in it, docks, ground elder, but as plants have minimum earth attached to their roots I don't think there's much risk of transmission.
Can't remember which varieties, there were three when it started out a few years ago.
Text or call me if you want them O78 467 I35 64 collection ASAP, between Arbroath and Brechin.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
I would be interested, I'm at colliston
Mojo
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
Will be passing there in ten mins if you call me ASAP

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
Plants in back of my car. I have to go to arbroath shopping, so will be passing through colliston at 10:55 and 11:45. I can meet you in colliston inn car park, what's it called... Caramel at one of these times? Phone my mobile as  I won't be home. Cheers, Steph.

Dreich Pete

• Joined Jan 2014
  • Aberdeenshire
I wish I'd read this before leaving the house this morning. I've just finished making 14 raised beds and would've loved a load of strawberry plants. We were driving down to Dundee and could've passed. Never mind, at least they've gone to an appreciative home.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
That's a shame dreich Pete!
Just to post to say they've gone.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Lovely to meet you steph hen, oh digging area as I type. Thank you so much.
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS