Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Made up..wow  (Read 5186 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Made up..wow
« on: May 02, 2014, 08:25:21 pm »
what a lovely surprise, and i never knew we where entered
apparently, one of our guests nominated us….  for our kayaking days where we take children and young adults out on the water on kayaks , they may have a disability or a learning problem…

we got runner up out of 75 nominations..wow..really blown away by this

Marsbar

• Joined Jun 2011
Re: Made up..wow
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 08:27:43 pm »
 :thumbsup: 
Well done
Richard
from Sheffield now in Chesterfield

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:41:33 pm »
Must have been well deserved, display it with pride  :trophy:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 08:41:59 pm »
Brilliant, well done.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 08:48:35 pm »
And I am sure it was rightly deserved  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 09:20:05 pm »
To be honest, we get so much out of it, i guess we just take it for granted,
i remember the 1st one we did…we split up into groups of 3, and took 2 clients out per group

helen was speaking to one little girl who was in a wheelchair, sadly she didn't come out with my group, but we did have a brief chat beforehand…anyway..as i am paddling in with my group, she is going out with my mate and his group in a double kayak… she was screaming with excitement……

on my 2nd return journey. bethen ..that was her name, was waiting by the dock…i had never seen such a smile,

john, john john..she yelped…. it was fantastic,,,, i smiled and had to turn away, i am sure i had a waft of onions and a big lump in my throat… i found out later that day, she had never ever gone on the water before, not even in a boat, let alone a kayak ….god that must of taken some guts, seeing she had no feeling from the waist down ….

i think they deserve an award for being so brave…..

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 10:29:36 pm »
I think you deserve the recognition and it's good that others do to. Yes, I'm sure it is very rewarding but so are other things and you choose to do something that benefits others. Well done indeed.

Young Ed

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 11:24:23 pm »
To be honest, we get so much out of it, i guess we just take it for granted,
i remember the 1st one we did…we split up into groups of 3, and took 2 clients out per group

helen was speaking to one little girl who was in a wheelchair, sadly she didn't come out with my group, but we did have a brief chat beforehand…anyway..as i am paddling in with my group, she is going out with my mate and his group in a double kayak… she was screaming with excitement……

on my 2nd return journey. bethen ..that was her name, was waiting by the dock…i had never seen such a smile,

john, john john..she yelped…. it was fantastic,,,, i smiled and had to turn away, i am sure i had a waft of onions and a big lump in my throat… i found out later that day, she had never ever gone on the water before, not even in a boat, let alone a kayak ….god that must of taken some guts, seeing she had no feeling from the waist down ….

i think they deserve an award for being so brave…..
well done to both Brethen and yourselves!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep it up :D

we really need one of those like buttons on here  ;)
CHeers Ed

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 02:46:34 am »
John & Helen your both No.1 on here & we all thank you and appreciate you and others like you for doing the things you do in the community  :bouquet:

:trophy:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 08:02:24 am »
Sad thing is….we will more than likely have to give it up after this year, what with the smallholding , i think next year is going to be very busy,

we have has a little knock back on the holding, not the actual purchase..thats all going through nicely
its just the farmer has applied for this years SRP which means we can't do any building work until september, not even the track…..i could buy the amount of payment off him….but i think the 1,600 pounds would be better spent in september……at least i can get all the paddocks and fencing in place

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 08:04:38 am »
John, September will be here in next to no time. Keep the money in your pocket until then
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 08:07:29 am »
 :thumbsup: to true Sally…1,600 is a lot of fencing, or even a mighty fine polytunnel  ;D

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 02:02:33 pm »
£1600's worth of clotted cream, pasties & cider  :yum:

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 04:25:41 pm »
Yay, congratulations  :trophy: :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS