Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: oh no, not bantam pullets ......  (Read 2292 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
oh no, not bantam pullets ......
« on: October 08, 2009, 03:53:09 pm »
I thought it was too good to be true - I thought I had 4 bantam pullets and 1 cockerel from the ones hatched in the summer.  One was always a lot taller, so knew that was male, and then he developed a long tail.  A couple of weeks ago, for some reason I looked at another, who did not have a long tail, but had a look of an up and coming cockerel.  And today, I am worried about a third one too, as that seems to be much bigger than the remaining two pullets!!!  None are crowing ....yet, but two were having a go at each other this morning.  I already have 5 bantam cockerels, so do not want to keep any more.

They are good looking boys, so just hope I can rehome them.

It would not be so bad if only two had turned out to be cockerels, but three out of five .....!!!!

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
Re: oh no, not bantam pullets ......
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 04:45:07 pm »
I cant help you with your dilemma, but i have a similar story, recently i bought 3 black leghorn bantams, supposedly there are 2 pullets and a cock but we cant tell them apart, they all look the same

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 07:40:52 pm »
Lol I had exactly the same experience today.  I have 4 chicks - 2 of which I have known were definitely cockerals - 1 we plan to keep and 1 we plan to eat.  Today I was looking at one of the other chicks and damn it its starting to get longer tail feathers!  3 out of 4 is not good.

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 08:23:17 pm »
We had out of 6 hatch 2 hens and  4 cockerels, and the bleedingh rats took he to hens from under their mother, trust it to be the two hens!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS