Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Getting there slowly.  (Read 5758 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Getting there slowly.
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:37:03 am »
Just a quick update , after two years constant pain I finally had my hip replaced last Wednesday, all went well apart from a touch of pneumonia after the opp so they kept me in 5 days instead of the planned 3.
  I have some impressive bruising to display and a little soreness and still very stiff in the Quad muscles , but the constant nagging pain is all gone and I have been able to cut back on the strong painkillers that were making my life a misery. Only a matter of time now till I am fully functioning again.   :thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Getting there slowly.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:46:24 am »
Brilliant news, tiz  :thumbsup:

Keep doing the exercises and you'll be giving Gaby a run for her money again very soon  :-*
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:07:17 am »
Brill! My mum has had both her knees done and it has literally given her her life back. Enjoy  :)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:07:41 am »
That's great news :thumbsup: Constant pain is SO debilitating. So you'll be leaping about like a young thing in time for summer  :sunshine:

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 11:09:58 am »
Good news. 

I expect you will be frolicking in the fields in no time.

All the best.
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 11:57:09 am »
Excellent news  :thumbsup:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »
Delighted for you, have missed you posts of late  :thumbsup:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 12:39:28 pm »
Great newsTiz !
3 days planned stay after a hip op sounds like you went private  ::) - my brother only got 42 hours inpatient stay on the NHS last week.
i hope the chest has cleared up and that your are well enough to crack on with all the exercises - gardening soon then !?!

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 12:54:24 pm »
Glad you have finally had the op Doug. You will feel like a spring chicken in no time  :hug:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

madcat

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 04:02:28 pm »
My mum had hers done and is doing just fine . You will be frolicking like a spring lamb next year.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 07:38:14 pm »
Doug, loads of new hips in our bit of Wales.

Had an accident in November and fractured mine ..... screwed back together and so far so good.

My neighbour had a replacement in October. He is well into his seventies and already back training his collies, catching moles, sorting ponies feet and so on. He felt better almost straight away and looks really well now.

Another lady farmer was knocked over by a feisty cow (the moo moo kind) and is back to night shift lambing .... climbing hurdles etc etc .

Get better soon ...... I reckon climbing all these Welsh hills soon strengthens the legs back up!!!!  ;D

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 08:18:40 pm »
Really good to hear  :thumbsup:

A friend's just had his second (other) hip replaced and is back to climbing mountains -what a difference it's made to him.

Hope you're doing the same soon  :)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 08:37:03 pm »
 :bouquet: wishing you a speedy recovery back to the grind  :hug:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 11:19:00 pm »
Soon be back to running around trying to catch escaping animals.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 11:27:50 am »
To answer a few, Thanks for all your good wishes, already feeling good , just helped Gabi move the mares to a fresh pasture as they trashed the small paddock last night after the rain. I can categorically say there will be no mountain  climbing during my lifetime, never appealed to me, I am quite capable of falling off smaller items. It was an NHS opp hence the two year wait. Agree about the Welsh hills knackering  strengthening the legs, there is some flat land in Wales but I forget which museum has it. :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS