Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: It must be an age thing?  (Read 9060 times)

4 dogs

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Cheshire
  • Planning & preparation ,prevents,poor performance
It must be an age thing?
« on: April 30, 2014, 07:58:57 pm »
The older I seem to get the more unsociable I think I am getting,me and my better half have our fingers crossed that the purchase on an old farm house we have  just agreed a price on is going to go through? Been let down on 2 other properties before with problems which we would have been foolish to buy, no planning permission on one for most of the house.The other finding out it only had wk end residency? Now that was a close call with 4 dogs and 8 cats don't think no B&B would have taken us in for 5 days out of 7 days...:-(? So the last house on the hill with 6 acres for all our animals to be safe will hopefully go through with no more hick ups. So I thought I'd say hello to you all ....and it not as if we don't like people,it's just we prefer animals  :roflanim:thank you for all your help on the ideas of a good tractor for hills

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: It must be an age thing?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:19:36 pm »
Hope it all goes through for you.

4 dogs

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Cheshire
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:21:08 pm »
Thank you fingers and toes crossed :-)

Trainee Farmer Ted

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »
Very familiar tale. Good luck!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 11:49:59 pm »
it not as if we don't like people,it's just we prefer animals  :roflanim:

You're among likeminded folk here, lol   :roflanim:

:fc: for you
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

4 dogs

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Cheshire
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 01:30:50 pm »
Thank you then the work begin  :yippee:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 04:01:36 pm »
 :wave: from a soggy Powys.

I like houses on hills.  ;D Good luck.

4 dogs

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Cheshire
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 07:24:52 pm »
Thank you no neighbours.....happy days :-)

Young Ed

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 10:25:30 pm »
i'm anti-social (not noisy rowdy teenager but just not hanging in town and don't have hardly any friends) and i prefer animals and i'm only 15 so i may encounter problems in my older age! and i even dress like an old man with a long black gortex jacket and a 'old mans hat' and a walking stick!  :roflanim:
anyway good luck with new house etc
Cheers Ed

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 11:26:11 pm »
The older I seem to get the more unsociable I think I am getting,-...and it not as if we don't like people,it's just we prefer animals
Hi from W Yorkshire and good luck with the house, hope there are no hidden snags with this one.
Sounds like you're joining a like minded group, maybe if we like and understand our animals we don't need humans as much, I'm on my own all day with just the animals, as long as OH comes home in the evening I'm happy.
I'm on a hillside, our top field is the top of the hill, fantastic views. (I'm also a capricorn, maybe thats why I like goats and hills  ;D  wouldn't go as far as eating branches though.)

4 dogs

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Cheshire
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 09:46:23 am »
Thank you Hopefully it'll all go ok?? I think 3rd time lucky? Yep looking forward to to them views ...ours hopefully will be start of the Peak District when we saw it me & the wife fell in love with it, it will be our own little safe haven for our 4 dogs and 8 cats...I will be getting some chickens...lol "oh and I am an Aries " so it must be a hill thing :-)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS