Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep leg in my front paddock  (Read 2537 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Sheep leg in my front paddock
« on: April 28, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »
FTOAD - I don't have any sheep.....

This is a whole fully grown leg (avec wool and foot).... I am assuming the idiot with the land behind and the many escaping sheep has fallen stock that the fox has got.  My own sheep arrive in a couple of weeks, I have heard of a fox taking a lamb, but not a full sheep.  This man is a real nuisance, I have the horrible feeling his field is a training ground for foxes and they will test their skills on my property...

Honestly, you should be able to go to work without stray limbs being found in your garden  ???

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Sheep leg in my front paddock
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 03:16:49 pm »
I don't think a fox would even attempt to go for a healthy full grown sheep but there's a chance that the joker behind you has fallen stock which he's not disposed of appropriately and therefore scavengers have removed the leg but not been able to carry it far?   He sounds like a real pleasure to live by... ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:41:35 pm »
They have probably either pulled it off a carcass left in the field, or out of his dead hole.

Could easily be brock as a fox.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 05:58:42 pm »
Return to sender? Or at least ask him if one of his sheep is missing a leg?

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 06:47:20 am »
Its a black scruffy leg so one of his... he swears blind all his are there... he doesn't actually count and they are feral in a 2 1/2 acre field!  He then tried to sell me 10 because he wants to cut down sooooo he's finally worked out that 40 sheep can't feed on a 2 1/2 acre scrub field made up of ragwort and road shavings.....

madcat

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 01:48:43 pm »
Difficult to know where to start, how much local sympathy does he have ? Are your neighbours also having problems.
To be honest all though I'm fairly hardened to the realities of life I would not care to find dead animals or spare parts on my property other than the wildlife kits n bits the cats dished up.

If he is a thorn in every bodies side maybe a bunch of you could have a robust discussion and try to get him to sort things out. No violence threats or swearing but firm. It's not fair on you your new stock or his poor old sheep.
Trouble is anything to do with neighbours is sensitive and difficult. Town or country you still have to live next door.
 :fc:you can get it sorted without too much grief.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS