Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 2 Finishers for Sale - East Essex - "Saddleback" Pigs  (Read 1739 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
2 Finishers for Sale - East Essex - "Saddleback" Pigs
« on: April 27, 2014, 08:54:07 am »
 This isn't for me, its for Pets Corner in Harlow.  The Manager (Justin) has been left with 3 (5 month old) pigs.  They are 2 boars and a gilt.  I am taking one for a friends housewarming but don't care about gender, so I'll take what is left.   

Anyway £70 each at the moment, they are nearly finished so that is very cheap, he does need the space though so if he can't sell them quickly we will need to rehome elsewhere.

Please pm me or ask me any questions

They are unregistered Saddlebacks but actually marked at Pets Corner as "Essex Pigs"... this has caused HUGE controversy on this board before when I innocently put that I had an Essex Pig because there is, apparently, a HUGE issue as to whether any of these remain and they are all just Saddlebacks.... so I'm calling them Saddlebacks for the avoidance of any doubt, and Justin at Pets Corner would put up his gloves and defend them as Essex Pigs.

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
Re: 2 Finishers for Sale - East Essex - "Saddleback" Pigs
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 11:48:46 am »
That's a bargain. If I was closer I'd snap them up. Never mind the essex/wessex/saddleback/whatever they'll taste the same ;D

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: 2 Finishers for Sale - East Essex - "Saddleback" Pigs
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 06:50:58 am »
UPDATE - They are nearly SIX months.... I took one as a companion pig for Joan (of Arc) a month ago and she was five months then.... I can't do basic maths it seems!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS