Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Visiting TASers  (Read 4740 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Visiting TASers
« on: April 25, 2014, 06:09:11 pm »
I had a wonderful time yesterday, visiting Beeducked and seeing round her lovely smallholding. I am now in love with her Castlemilk Moorits (always a favourite breed and these are lovely ones) and the three pigs. I met the goats, bees, ducks and geese too.

Looking forward to my next visit.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Visiting TASers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 09:34:35 pm »
It was wonderful to see you too. ;D

And what beautiful weather.  :sunshine:  Looking forward to coming and visiting your girls again soon (especially after kidding).

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 07:31:02 am »
It is really nice to visit other TASers, Goosepimple and I often have a meet up and are in contact by text or phone it's so good to talk to someone else when you have a little problem or just need to offload.
Have not met Anke but have met her lovely OH when he collected some goose eggs from me and brought me some spot on for my goats lice. Almost met Benandjerry and hope to in the not to distant future!
Anne

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:21:43 pm »
I've met a few TASers now and I love seeing other people's holdings and meeting their animals, as well as having a good old natter with someone who shares my interest.

Beeducked, I think that was the best day weather-wise out of the whole week. I'll let you know when Cloud has kidded. Only a week to go.  :excited:

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 04:47:59 pm »
Almost met Benandjerry and hope to in the not to distant future!
I'm still lurking!  Life has been very busy..... Are you on the main road as you go through your village?  Coz if so I know where you are.  I nearly stopped yesterday and yelled 'oi are you Daisy's mum' but was passed before my brain registered the thought!  :roflanim:  I will be in touch soon... promise  :)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 10:19:46 pm »
we are off to meet a member tomorrow…going to see lots of goats  :thumbsup:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 11:00:00 pm »

Almost met Benandjerry and hope to in the not to distant future!
I'm still lurking!  Life has been very busy..... Are you on the main road as you go through your village?  Coz if so I know where you are.  I nearly stopped yesterday and yelled 'oi are you Daisy's mum' but was passed before my brain registered the thought!  :roflanim:  I will be in touch soon... promise  :)

Yes that's me first house on the left as you come over the railway bridge, kettle is always on and I make everyone trail round to visit all my animals  ;D
Anne

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 11:51:18 pm »
It's lovely to put a face to the name used on TAS. It's very intriguing at auctions or shows trying to match names and faces and not knowing for sure if you have actually saw someone you know on TAS  :D

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 07:54:52 am »
im lucky i live in smallholder central (scotland)

i must have met 10-15 TASers now face to face...

i love visiting peoples holdings and being nosey :-)

i find having a TAS sweatshirt solves ID problems at auctions and other meeting places!!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 07:58:25 am »
I'm well into double figures but daren't list them in case I forget anyone!  lol

What gets really confusing is the double think with names - and even worse when I also know them on Ravelry, and some of us use different names there...  :-\
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 07:59:07 am »
thats why i didn't list names!!!

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 06:44:28 pm »
spent a lovely couple of hours with a TAS member today,  :thumbsup: really educational, and just had the best time ….my gawd..don't those goats grow big…one lad was maaaaaasssssssiive  :goat: but what a specimen

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 12:17:44 am »
Goats are great.  :goat: :goat:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS