Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: just checking!!  (Read 1896 times)

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
just checking!!
« on: April 27, 2014, 06:44:54 pm »
!0 days after calving, pink mucus, some blood etc being expelled from Daisy.  I am assuming this is either cleansing or a calving heat which is causing the cleansing??  :innocent:

Please tell me this is normal!!!  ???

Daisy on fine form, and the yuk coming out of her doesnt smell.  OH caught me smearing a sample onto my hand and taking a good sniff.  He walked off muttering something about men in white coats.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: just checking!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 10:03:52 pm »
Cows don't have a calving heat like a mare has a foaling heat.

And she should have cleansed fully within 24 hours.

But BH says that what you describe can happen at any time, and he wouldn't be worried if it doesn't smell or seem at all pus-y.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
Re: just checking!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 10:08:04 pm »
Thanks Sally, you can tell i have more experience in foaling than calving!!  Yeh there is no nasty smell to it, just pink mucus with some spots of blood.  Will keep a close eye on it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS