Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Do you have those days where you are expecting a sick animal to die,.....  (Read 10550 times)

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
Well it is still alive and strong now ( strong enough to very assertively resist me putting anything in its mouth!  Did consider asking about tubing, is it too old?)- god knows what it's surviving on cause it won't take any lamlac... I wrestled 100ml into it this morning and managed a few hundred ml of rehydration fluids last night by syringe... It does have access to hay grass and growers... So MUST be sneaking some in else it would be dead by now. Got it shut in a shed at the moment with greedy pet lamb and some nuts (it's peeing down at mo, and ill lamb still doesn't seem to have full dose of sense and was just standing there getting soaked) - hoping it will copy pet lamb.  The saga continues. There is still a chance  :)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
did you ever consider some animals are just stoopid???

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
This one certainly is a few pennies short, wether inherently or as result of illness.....definitely daft!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
I dread opening this thread just in case but its still good news  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
So sorry ;) I seem to have sucked others into my will it wont it! Is it best I finish here? I am 50/50 now each morning.... Just goes to show there is always hope (and antiinflamatories, antibiotics etc) even if no one has any idea and all are expecting the worst ;D

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
So sorry ;) I seem to have sucked others into my will it wont it! Is it best I finish here? I am 50/50 now each morning.... Just goes to show there is always hope (and antiinflamatories, antibiotics etc) even if no one has any idea and all are expecting the worst ;D
Oh no Fi, you need to continue this thread until we know that the little lamb is raring to go

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Hell no Fib,

Some of us have all sorts of issues and need closure on daft lamb (his current name in my brain) and how he gets on, we expect regular update till he either dies (bad option) or he leaves the flock for whatever destiny awaits happy daft lambs!!!

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
Ok then :) Daft lamb still strong and daft living on apparently air. Shut him in old chicken shed overnight with hay growers and water and he MUST be eating that as still STRONGLY opposed to lamlac from bottle.  I would say he seems to be through worst :fc: .... But would be more confident if I could see him eating anything! (He had a mouth full of soil at last nights wrestling match to get about 30 ml of milk into him (and about 100 ml all over me where bottle teat pings out of mouth and sprays me). Anyway I slept better knowing he wasn't going to go of hypothermia at least. Out in the fields now, probably eating soil or standing in water trough(moved flock form the field with the stream in it, so that possibility removed. :innocent:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
 :roflanim:   ::) :sheep:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Whittsend

• Joined May 2013
 SO pleased to read that he is still alive this morning FiB. You have invested so much time, effort ( and money!!)  into trying to help him survive whatever has made him ill it would be so sad if he doesn't make a full recovery. As Bionic says, please keep us all informed of developments. At least the weather around us is a bit sunnier this morning Fib. Hopefully it will encourage him to keep fighting.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
You have made me smile on a sad day - so thank you FIB.  Keep posting :thumbsup:

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
Well 6th day of milk wrestling... (50 Ml in him this morning woo hoo)..... Be time to wean him by the time he has submitted! He is nearly 5 weeks old now, at least he had 4 good weeks on his mum. Spends morning penned up with pellets etc, afternoons moseying around field on his own (with the flock, but not actively WITH them) , presumably stealth eating (still no concrete evidenc of eating). I think we must conclude (touch wood) that daft lamb is here to stay - I've at least stopped going out EXPECTING a dead lamb.  I'll post a pic later , but thanking you for all your company and support.  :bouquet:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:43:40 am by FiB »

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
 :thumbsup: :sheep: :thumbsup: :sheep: :thumbsup: :sheep:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Well 6th day of milk wrestling... (50 Ml in him this morning woo hoo)..... Be time to wean him by the time he has submitted! He is nearly 5 weeks old now, at least he had 4 good weeks on his mum. Spends morning penned up with pellets etc, afternoons moseying around field on his own, presumably stealth eating (still no concrete evidenc of eating). I think we must conclude (touch wood) that daft lamb is here to stay - I've at least stopped going out EXPECTING a dead lamb.  I'll post a pic later , but thanking you for all your company and support.  :bouquet:

My billy kid last year lost his sucking reflex when I brought him home, we fought all summer including an episode of near death at the vets on drip.... he finally started to properly suck his bottle just before Xmas... now he still gets a bottle at night and loves it! (He will be 1 year old this week)... but I have to thank my OH for persevering.

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
Still here, still wandering around in his own world, still off milk.... But loving lick! Thanks again for all support :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS