Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted - Oxford Sandy and Black weaners/Dexter Cattle  (Read 2752 times)

bethjames

• Joined Oct 2009
Wanted - Oxford Sandy and Black weaners/Dexter Cattle
« on: October 05, 2009, 03:58:14 pm »
I have just moved to Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire having bred Gloucestershire Old Spots on my previous smallholding. I am now looking to rear Oxford Sandy and Black pigs and restart a small herd of Dexters.
Does anyone know of anyone who has any weaners for sale (at least one gilt) anywhere near this area? Or who has any heifers/cows?
Any help is gratefully received.

Pentre1230

• Joined Apr 2009
Re: Wanted - Oxford Sandy and Black weaners/Dexter Cattle
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 06:43:33 pm »
A friend of mine called here today to borrow our ear tag pliers, he's got a small herd of dexters and I know he will be selling one with a calf at foot, and he's not that far from you. If you want his phone number let me know and I'll send it to you.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 07:09:54 pm »
Hi again Beth - Advert in this month's Dyfed Smallholder Mag for Dexters - "Ring Robin or Karen on 01558 685533 (near Llandeilo)".

Also, Tricia and Mark Thorne (they live at Ammanford - base of the Black Mountain) have just had a litter of OSBs - worth a try.   Tricia;s email is tricia.thorne@hewsan.co.uk

Best of luck
Mandy

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

BillyBerridge

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Nottinghamshire
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 07:33:21 pm »
Shame your not closer I could proberly spare a few!

Good luck anyway!

bethjames

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 07:53:26 pm »
Thanks for your help everyone.
Aw yes that's a shame Billy, thanks anyway.
Yes that contact could turn out to be useful thank you Pentre if you could pass it on to me.
Thanks again Mandy, I've sent off an email to Tricia with crossed fingers. I'm going to go and have a look at a herd over near Newcastle Emlyn on Thursday, they may have a few that they're willing to let go of, but they may not have enough so all contacts are extremely useful.
Thanks again everyone.
Bethan

bethjames

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 11:31:01 pm »
Hi everyone and thank you once again.
Just to let you all know, that as long as everything goes to plan, I have managed to settle my stocking issues.
I should have three gilts and a small herd of Dexters to bring home before too long.
 :D
Thank you all once again for your time
One day I hope to return the favour
Bethan James

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS