Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello everybody  (Read 4652 times)

Bluebell

• Joined Apr 2008
Hello everybody
« on: April 06, 2008, 09:05:14 pm »
Hi Everyone out there
I am just getting started with a small acreage and looking to grow fruit, plants and to keep a few chooks.  Would love to have goats too one day but have not had any experience of them yet so will have to learn a bit more first .  At present we are still sorting out the land, putting in drainage and entering into the wonderful world of seeking planning permission (for a polytunnel or two).  Its great looking at the posts on the forum and I hope as well as picking up bits of information myself that, at some stage, I will be able to offer something too. Looking forward to it all.
Bluebell

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Hello everybody
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:14:55 pm »
Hi, Bluebell

Welcome to teh TAS forums - I'm sure you'll enjoy them and we 'll look forard to hearing about your adventures, too.

Where are you based?

Rosemary

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:19:27 pm »
Lovely jubly - welcome Bluebell. ;D
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 09:45:58 pm »
Hello Bluebell, and welcome.  :)

We've never seriously considered goats - let us know how you get on if you decide to take the plunge. We fancy a cow but don't have the room, a goat might be a good alternative dairy producer...  :goat:

Do let us know how the planning permission goes too - always interested in learning more about the black magic behind it!

Dan

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 08:23:24 am »
 :D Hi Bluebell, welcome, we had goats at one time, now keep pigs.  With the exception of tamworths they dont run as fast as the goats did and we have never had a pig on the roof....... yet :pig:

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 10:40:39 am »
What a lovely Spring name - Bluebell! Welcome, and looking forward to all your contributions on the forum.

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 12:42:39 pm »
hey and welcome to the forums  :)

hebber

• Joined Mar 2008
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 02:03:09 pm »
Hello Bluebell,
I had goats for a few months and finally got rid of them when they spent all their time in the neighbours field or on the road, rather than in their little enclosure.  I'd like to have some again, but I would have to transform my little patch of land into colditz before getting any more.  So good luck if you do get any.
Hebber

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS