Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Joan (of Arc) has had her first litter  (Read 1724 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Joan (of Arc) has had her first litter
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:47:41 pm »
I was told she was due in 4 weeks.... Because its her first litter I was planning to move her from her field and the sty (brick built and with a concrete floor but not big to crawl about in) into a stable so if she had difficulty I'd have power etc.

Well,  I've come home from work, gone to feed her and thought "gosh she's lost weight" worried for a second that I wasn't feeding her enough, (looked up into her stable and seen .....wait for it....... A PIGLET!!!

Having lummocked back down to the house to get PrincessNym and raided my fridge of piggy treats,  I've gone back and fed joan, apples, banana, tomato, squash and some cheese and used the opportunity to go into the sty.

There are 11 PIGLETS!!!!

I've put some hay in there with her but otherwise left her alone.  She seems to know what she is doing and the piglets have obviously fed ...

Fingers crossed now for a good next few days.....

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
Re: Joan (of Arc) has had her first litter
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:52:57 pm »
Yay! Sounds like she has it sorted  :fc:

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:15:29 pm »
Well done Joan  :thumbsup:  :excited:

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 06:56:01 am »
Well, at work and nervous, Justin from Pets Corner is going to pop over and check her out... she and they seemed fine.  Because she farrowed early she's in a place with no power so I can't use a heat lamp, also, Danielle is with her (my other pig), they have a separate sty but I'll take her out.  I didn't think about it yesterday.

I am going to be very very nervous for the first week

kja

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:14:29 am »

[quote author=Kitchen

Cottage link=topic=44126.msg413155#msg413155 date=1397072861

Having lummocked back down to the house to get PrincessNym and raided my fridge of piggy treats,  I've gone back and fed joan, apples, banana, tomato, squash and some cheese and used the opportunity to go into the sty.

congratulations on your new litter……….how ever you should never feed pigs food from your kitchen (being a pig keeper you should be well aware of rules and regs)
we can still learn if we are willing to listen.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS