Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Crazy sheep - should I be worried?  (Read 2673 times)

AliceJ

• Joined Apr 2014
Crazy sheep - should I be worried?
« on: April 08, 2014, 07:36:24 pm »
Hi
I have recently bought 3 grey faced dartmoor ewes who are due to lamb anytime.  One of them has gone a bit bonkers, running around a lot and leaping.  Is this a sign of something other than spring madness? She is eating and well in all other ways though a little breathless after her grand national running attempts
Should I be worried?
Thanks,
Alice

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Re: Crazy sheep - should I be worried?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 08:38:02 pm »
My Molly lamb Eve,now aged two went particularly Barrmy the night she lambed so you could have some bubs before the night is out :) is she a first timer x

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 09:04:50 pm »
hope that's not the reason several of mine were hoppity skipping this evening and I've got goats kidding imminently.
Rather the hoggs waited a week of two thank you. :)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:27:46 pm »
Think it's just the time of year. In my experience, sheep have no respect for their condition when they're pregnant  ;D

AliceJ

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 11:11:08 pm »
Thanks everyone for the reassurance.  I had initially thought it was spring madness but didn't want to find out the hard way that it was a sign of some rare sheep disease!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS