Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: All lambed  (Read 3025 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
All lambed
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:53:43 pm »
First twins arrived Saturday at 2pm,  5.30am this morning, my neighbour texted to say she had just checked and Filly had twins, then at 2pm Freya had twins as well.  5 female and 1male.

So in 48 hours, my little flock has doubled in numbers.

Fynne the ram must have had a busy couple of days in the Autumn.  Glad he did, as its all over and done with  all at once.  I can sleep a bit easier tonight, although waiting on a goat to kid now!!

Whittsend

• Joined May 2013
Re: All lambed
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 06:22:09 am »
How lovely to hear all has gone well for you. We have just had three days of very wet and windy weather in our part of North Wales and  I was  thinking it was a bad time for new lambs to come into the world around us. The rest of the week promises some sunshine- just what a new lamb dererves.

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:28 am »
Well done - excellent news  :thumbsup:

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 08:11:47 am »
 Great stuff Mairi  :excited: and fab that the girls are in the majority. How is the wee ewe lamb of Felicity's doing now?

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 08:40:05 am »
Roxy, that sounds great. All going smoothly and in a short space of time.  We have been alternating 'night shifts' for over a week and still have 2 ewes to lamb. I gave them a good talking to this morning but it doesn't seem to have made any difference  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 08:54:38 am »
First twins arrived Saturday at 2pm,  5.30am this morning, my neighbour texted to say she had just checked and Filly had twins, then at 2pm Freya had twins as well.  5 female and 1male.

So in 48 hours, my little flock has doubled in numbers.

Three ewes plus six lambs equals nine - hasn't your little flock TRIPLED in size?

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 12:40:23 pm »
 ;D ;D No Rosemary - I have also included Fynne the ram, and his two little friends, Godson and Gideon in my numbers.  I had 6 and now have 12.

Been lamb watching, instead of doing jobs, and taking pics of the lambs.  Pedwardine, the little lamb is doing just fine - saw her feeding from Felicity this morning.  Have fallen in love with the little mite.  She keeps coming up to me for a fuss.  She looks so much better, and even had a little run round the shed with her brother this morning, and then saw that Filly had three lambs sat on her back, so thought she would climb up too.  No success as she is still a bit small for
climbing.

Do have pics, but uploading with my internet may be hit and miss.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 05:55:55 pm »
All finished here too. We only had four to lamb this time but all went smoothly and all weighed 3.5kg or more so happy with that - though none of the Mums were first timers.

So we have six lambs from four ewes - three girls and three boys
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Hartwelljulie

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 06:26:10 pm »
Well done thats fantastic news!  Isn'tit great when all goes well :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS