Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Buffalo In The UK?  (Read 5206 times)

mrplattypus

• Joined Jan 2014
  • Tamworth, Staffordshire
    • Facebook
Buffalo In The UK?
« on: April 05, 2014, 12:55:25 pm »
Hey, i'm currently studying animal management at Rodbaston, me and a couple of friends are really interested in livestock, especially buffalo, and we were thinking about going to a buffalo farm in the summer holidays to do some work experience. Does anyone on here own or know someone who owns a buffalo farm who would be willing to let us learn and work at there place. We are all hard working individuals and i myself have a lot of experience on different farms. If anyone knows anything, shoot me a message :)

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
Re: Buffalo In The UK?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 02:19:20 pm »
The only one I know is www.laverstokepark.co.uk - owned by Jody Sheckter.  He has an enormous herd of water buffalo - might be worth contacting them direct?  Might be a long way away from you though.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 05:31:08 pm »
Or you could try these... But they are probably even further away!

http://www.thebuffalofarm.co.uk/shop/puddledub-buffalo

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 05:49:35 pm »
There's one just down the road from me, Seighford, near Stafford. He milks them and I believe the milk goes for mozzarella

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 09:06:15 pm »
Hi,

There is a herd of Bison at the Rhug Estate, Corwen, Denbighshire!

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 09:07:55 pm »
There's one in Brompton, Northallerton , North Yorkshire owned by the langthornes.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 08:13:11 am »
Hi
My family and I own a herd of water buffalo in mid wales. However we are quite a small family business at the moment so we don't have enough work for anyone. Please feel free to ask any questions about water buffaloes and I shall try to answer.
Thanks
http://www.buffalodairy.co.uk/
here is our web page
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Nethermoor Pigs

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 03:33:44 pm »
there is one in derbyshire around holymoorside way, can't remember the name sorry.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS