Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Land that i own  (Read 2008 times)

Lisa p

• Joined Apr 2014
Land that i own
« on: April 04, 2014, 12:58:25 pm »
Hi can anyone help! i have just bought 11 acres of land that has a large stable building on, with 8 loose boxes in. it also has a static caravan on,next to the building that has been sited there for at least 7 years. Quistion 1) can i be made to take the static caravan off ? as i was told the council could not make you move it after 4 years even tho i do not want to live in it? can anyone help :  :fc:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Land that i own
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:06:36 pm »
hello and welcome,

where are you, it makes a difference?

is the land registered agricultural or equestrian?

is it in a national park or other special area?

hopefully with a bit more info someone can try and help you...

Lisa p

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 01:17:46 pm »
Thank you for your responce the Land i agricultural, its not near houses or view to people, as there is woods near by.if this helps.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 01:27:55 pm »
I think what David means is are you in Scotland or England and Wales - planning regulations and the law are different. 

Assuming you are not in a

conservation area,
SSSI,
National Park or
some other area with special rules

then someone should be along soon to help you.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lisa p

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »
This is all new to me :) i live in the north east of England, it is not in a national park area, and the land is registered agricultuarl and equestrian.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 01:44:07 pm »
Agri and equine land are treated differently - this may help (or it may confuse you even further  :innocent: ) - http://www.clarkewillmott.com/blog/read/there-is-a-difference-between-agricultural-use-and-equestrian-use-under-planning-law/351
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 01:49:38 pm »
The 4 years applies to unlawful development (without planning). The previous owner would have been allowed to keep it by applying for a lawful development certificate and providing evidence. However, I'm not sure this is transferable to a new owner but it may be.

There are also some exemptions for buildings deemed to be caravans which I think you can store on your land but not live in for more than a certain amount of time per year. I'm not sure on the detail on that either to be honest.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS