Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kitchen Adverts??  (Read 6263 times)

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Kitchen Adverts??
« on: April 04, 2014, 08:21:10 am »
Having just deleted 2 more kitchen advert Spammers  I was just wondering why any kitchen seller would target smallholders ................. anyone out there bought a new kitchen?  and if you did,  did it come with oven for lamb warming, muck resistant flooring, some where to store all the medicines, a surface to pluck and gut on etc   ........................ what would you need in a new kitchen??
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Kitchen Adverts??
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 08:41:46 am »
they are one of the more bemusing spam posts we get i agree...

most smallholders are more interested in barns and fencing, maybe i could spam my fencing services???

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 08:54:19 am »

What I want to know is why the Camellids keep buying new kitchens? That board seems far more spammed than the others lately?  ???
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 08:57:29 am »
i ask myself the same question daily apparently camelid keepers are interested in all sorts of weird stuff (according to the spammers)

Hazel Hollow

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Pembrokeshire
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 08:59:31 am »
Err, new kitchen being fitted right now, but there again I've only just started at smallholding  :spam: :chook:

Merrie Dancer

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 09:53:51 am »
id love a big wood burning aga with a back boiler. solid wood kitchen tops, Belfast sink, and wooden units. big kitchen table and one of those wooden clothes lines on a pulley that stay up high. and an oven big enough to take a whole pork leg.
 ;D ;D

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 10:01:02 am »
id love a big wood burning aga with a back boiler. solid wood kitchen tops, Belfast sink, and wooden units. big kitchen table and one of those wooden clothes lines on a pulley that stay up high. and an oven big enough to take a whole pork leg.
 ;D ;D
[/quote

I took a Belfast sink out last year. I hated it. Yes it was bit which was good but it was sooo deep that it made my back hurt hunching over it. Love the new ceramic double sink I have had put in instead.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 10:41:22 am »
Err, new kitchen being fitted right now, but there again I've only just started at smallholding  :spam: :chook:

.... I hope it has a lamb warming oven!!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 10:52:24 am »
 ;D ;D

You've just described our kitchen, and every silver lining has a cloud, LOL!

Wood burning Aga:  Actually poo brown coal burning Esse. Spreads ash everywhere, boils when there's a powercut, yet goes out when you least expect it to, and spares increasingly hard to come by!

Solid wood worktops:  Get stained every time you turn a tap on, but yes, I do like these.

Belfast Sink:  As Bionic says, great if you like washing up somewhere near knee level  ;D .

Wooden Units:  Ours have woodworm.

Pulley System:  Now this IS fantastic.  Except it's mounted too close to the Esse, so it singes the bottom of your trouser legs if you drop it down too far and aren't careful!!

Oven: Yes, it's huge, but it takes about a week to get up to pork cooking temperature, and by that time everybody's walking around the house in shorts and t-shirts. We do most of our cooking in a gas oven instead  :roflanim: .

So, I'm sorry to be negative, but I thought I'd put the flip side of the argument to you. The truth though?  We wouldn't change it for all the world  :thumbsup: .

"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 11:06:07 am »

Solid wood worktops:  Get stained every time you turn a tap on, but yes, I do like these.

I had the kitchen partly renovated and had granite put in round the sink and food prep area the other bit of worksurface is solid wood. The conbination works well. Granite is also good for pastry making and wood for bread (yeast doesn't like the cold)
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 01:41:46 pm »

I had the kitchen partly renovated and had granite put in round the sink and food prep area the other bit of worksurface is solid wood. The conbination works well. Granite is also good for pastry making and wood for bread (yeast doesn't like the cold)

Ours were staining until we finally got round to resealing them and now no problemmo.  I love our kitchen, its the same as you describe with range, wooden surfaces, belfast sink - my dream kitchen finally  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Merrie Dancer

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 05:22:38 pm »
how do you reseal the wood surface? is it a wax?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 08:04:32 pm »
Yes kind of. When we had it fitted, the man showed us how to sand it (really fine sand paper) and then there's a proper sealant stuff that you can buy in a tin from anywhere that sells wooden work surfaces. You can't use the surface for a while as it dries but its brilliant and instead of water sinking in, it stays on the top as little droplets :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Cactus Jack

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Tortosa catalunya
    • stevel100
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 08:16:33 pm »
Plums, isn't that called polish???

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 09:09:01 pm »
I love my kitchen too.

Re-conditioned oil Aga, wooden units the local chippie's apprentice built, that hides my fridge. Belfast sink - wonderful for getting buckets & watering cans in, and for making up lamb bottles. What's this washing up thing folk complain about? Slate worktop, cheap, as the posh lady in the village ordered them and then decided she didn't like them - so the builder did me a deal. Wonderful as needs no attention and looks great.

Tiled floor as I never take off my boots when I come in and neither do the three dogs.

Pulley - airer, for the 360 days a year when it's either too wet or cold to dry things outside. Means whenever I have visitors my smalls are on view - but hey.

I live in the kitchen. My loom room is a little room to the side, my iPad is on the kitchen table.....only go elsewhere to sleep (and wash I suppose, sometimes)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:11:39 pm by jaykay »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS