Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Under the weather after heptavac  (Read 2096 times)

Advertisement

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Under the weather after heptavac
« on: April 03, 2014, 08:23:13 pm »
I vaccinated our tame lambs today with heptavac, first dose. They all seem a little under the weather tonight, have eaten their creep and grazed all afternoon but look a bit lethargic. I've left them out tonight as they are coughing a bit and thought fresh air is better than sitting in a shed. Has anyone else noticed this? They are 7 and 9 weeks old and otherwise healthy. The 5 week old lambs I did at the same time are looking fine down the shed. Will they be ok? Will keep an eye on them tomorrow closely just wondered if this is normal.

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Under the weather after heptavac
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:40:23 pm »
Caved in and bought them in to a nice clean bed and good hay... Will see how they are come the morning and keep them in until they are feeling better :)

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:10:01 pm »
I've had adult goats be a bit off after vaccine boosters before but not a whole group.

People can react to vaccines so why not lambs.

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 12:51:21 pm »
They seem a little perkier this morning, I have left them in although might bring them up to the garden to graze in the sun this afternoon. It's not the whole group but the majority are looking slightly lethargic. The other 6 that are younger and still in are absolutely fine.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 05:14:11 pm »
Yes, sheep can suffer flu-like symptoms after vaccinating with Heptavac-P.  Just keep them warm and dry, make sure they have plenty of fresh water and nice hay to eat.  They should be right as rain tomorrow ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS